Monday, February 11, 2019

lots of mail

Friday: was cold again, my countdown to Valentine's Day bag:
I'm loving how she decorated the treat bags. Not so excited about the trim. Got a ride to work because it was cold again.
Had a happy mail tag in the mail:
It was a good one. I decided I'd keep doing the happy mail tag, it's hit or miss on what I receive, but I like trying to keep my envelope flat and sometimes I get some really nice gems.
Work was ok, until about the last half hour. We had this guy who didn't want to pay attention to directions and shoved two discs at the same time into the media box, weirdly enough, they got stuck and it wouldn't work. He wouldn't believe me that there was nothing I could do until I took out the discs and then wouldn't wait for it to reset and tried to get more out, after I told him we had to reset the machine. He didn't get the other discs and we had to reboot the whole machine because he couldn't wait a few minutes. Our desk phone kept dying (it needs a new battery, we're working on it), and someone turned in a phone 5 minutes before closing. It was a typical Friday night, in that we had  a bunch of people come in close to closing, because they never realize that we close at 6 instead of 9, or that's what they say, some are regulars, so I know it's not true.
I picked up some ice cream on my way home:
Sadly, the toffee one wasn't that great. I feel the need to buy some Heath bars and throw them in. The mint one isn't as minty as I want it to be (they never seem to be).
Saturday: My countdown to Valentine's Day envelope:
LOVE these. I love handmade embellishments. I might use these as ideas and try to make some of my own.
We had a double header of basketball. The men's game was a ton of people who didn't know the bag policy. I'm very tired of that. Walked home, it was a nice walk, I was sweating when I got home. I barely warmed up and had to go back for the women's game. It was ok, pretty quiet, and then we had this patron with her messenger style size bag who got really upset because she didn't want to walk back to her car and she just had supper with so and so and they were going to sit with them. Doesn't matter, she still had to take her bag back, I didn't see her come back in. There's always one person that thinks they are above the rules. Walked home after that game, too. Not as nice a walk, but the wind died down between when I left for the game and when I went home. Found some mail when I got home.
Heart tags:
Love how she used die cuts, also hers are way more creative than mine.
Favorite color, green, tag:
Interesting selection, but I probably won't use much of it. I liked the last favorite color tag of one thing that was more geared to my interests.
I got 13,000 steps on Saturday.
Sunday: laundry day. My countdown to Valentine's Day swap:
 Some nice appliques.
Other than laundry I did put together a favorites tag:
 She liked stickers and owls.
Made some Vintage Valentine ATCs
 And was lazy. I did watch a few movies.
Monday: My countdown to Valentine's swap:
 I'm not going to use the sequins, but I like the pink and clear gems.
Work was busy for a Monday, we're supposed to get a bunch of snow (3-5 inches) and some freezing rain tonight, so people I guess are freaking out and need a bunch of books/movies to keep them occupied. I don't know about you, but I have things at home to keep me occupied, I don't have to go to the library to get things. Came home and did my taxes. I was planning to do them on Sunday, but didn't get to them, then thought I'd do them on the 14th, because I'd be bummed anyway, but figured, it was a good a time as any. I'm getting a bit more than last year because of something I chose to change, so that helps. Got 6 items in the mail.
Grant a wish, stuffed animal:
 I was supposed to have this item on the 7th, the person sending to me posted on the 6th that she mailed it out. It's cute, but smells of cigarette smoke.
Favorite animal, lion, tag:
 It's cute, it's supposed to be a patch (my guess iron-on), I'm not sure what I'll do with it. I wish it was more of a sticker.
Private swap:
 I had a die that someone gave me in a swap and I don't have a die cutting machine, so I asked if anyone wanted to swap with me. We agreed on a regular letter size/weight envelope swap. This is much more than that. I'm not complaining, but I'm not sending more.
Toss Away tag:
 We were supposed to send 5 items we'd normally throw away. I admit, I just wanted to see what it was, will probably not do this tag again.
Favorites swap:
 This was something my partner forgot to include in the other package. These are neat.
Frozen in Time:
we were supposed to print 3 pages of digital ephemera, love these.
It turned out to be a good ending to the day.

No comments: