Friday, July 23, 2021

Art Institute

July 4: We went to the Art Institute to see the Obama Portraits, Michelle:
Barack:
And then went off to visit the rest of the paintings, I have no idea what most of these are, I just liked them:
Creepy door by Ivan Albright:
Nighthawks by Edward Hopper, one of my favorite paintings:
Another weird creepy picture by Ivan Albright, I really enjoyed his painting style.
Guys in a jail:
People in a room:
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Ivan Albright:
American Gothic by Grant Wood:
I've actually been to that house.
Creepy empty house:
Flying angel:
 Paris Street, Rainy Day by Gustave Caillebotte:
Two Sisters (on The Terrace) by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
Sunday in the Park by Georges Seurat:
Bedroom in Aries by Pablo Picasso:
I have no idea what this one is called but it's by Van Gogh
Weird sculpture:
I just loved the frame on this one:
The Child's Bath by Mary Cassatt:
And then we went to a beautiful exhibit by Bisa Butler, she does quilts that are massive and celebrate African American heritage.
Just a few of the pieces, The Equestrian:

Les Sapeurs:
Anaya with Oranges:
I really loved this one, just the expression on the girl's face, and to be able to capture that with quilting.
The Princess:
This I just took a close-up to show the details she puts in the pieces:
Picked up a couple things at the gift shop:
A Nighthawks bookmark, an artists' palette eraser, a confetti eraser and a keychain. 
We went to Eataly for lunch, I got ravioli, I thought was the same I had gotten in 2018 when we were there last, it wasn't but still good. And then we went back to the condo to sit for the rest of the day. We watched fireworks on the roof for awhile, that was pretty cool

No comments: