Thursday, July 22, 2021

Architectural walking tour

July 3: We started with a walk down by the lake. Saw this cute sculpture:
And this cute playground:
Mom had to get a picture of me by the boats.
And then we pretty much sat around until lunch, my brother made a nice lunch for my mom's birthday and then we sat for awhile and went downtown for an impromptu architectural tour. My brother does the tours, and he had to get one ready, so we were the test audience. Found these neat chairs:
Saw the Wrigley building:
And the Tribune building:
I'm not sure on the names of all these buildings, my brother told us, but I didn't write them down.
Weird curvy blue building with blow through, St. Regis:

Tallest building by woman architect, Aqua:
A neat spaceship looking couch:
The Champagne building, Carbide and Carbon building:
Plaza in front of Aeon tower:
The bean:
It was wicked crowded, this is as close as we got.
Chicago Athletic Association:
Faces fountain, Crown fountain:
Carpet in The Palmer House:
Peacock doors in Palmer Hotel:
The Picasso:
This was a must see for me. It's mentioned in the Blues Brothers, and they drive right by it, on their way to this building:
The courthouse next to the Picasso
Not sure what this is, it was next to the Picasso across from the courthouse:
A neat building:
It was nice to walk around downtown, and then mom got tired again and we went back to the condo. We did find a Blick art store on the way back to the car:

I picked up some handmade papers, and some tiny animals.
I had my leftovers from the night before for supper and we sat for the rest of the night. There were fireworks downtown that night, but we couldn't see them due to the place they set them off.

No comments: