Friday, October 09, 2020

Big weekly catchup

September 29: Got a roll of washi ready to mail, I threw in the glitter tape as an extra, it's brand-new, but isn't in packaging:
I received a glow in the dark tag:
I'm not entirely sure why I did this tag, of course I'm going to get something like this.
Also a wish for pocket letter sleeves:
It's what I wanted, but I wanted something more exciting in the mail.
September 30: I'm tired of slow days at work, basically all we do is check in holds, once we're done with the pull list, it's dead. I did get some mac and cheese at the grocery store and it was so good for lunch. No mail. I did count all my mail for the month of September, I got 34 pieces, my mail coming in is still low.
October 1: Got my first flu shot today. I have a pretty good immune system, so I don't get them, but with all the stuff floating around this year, I figured it couldn't hurt. I received my first piece of mail from my new mail group, some Project Life cards:
I like the assortment, I also like the idea in this new group that things don't have to be new. There was a post about the fact that we're just basically sending mail to make people happy, I like that thought. It takes off a little pressure when you can just shop your stash and not have to worry about things being brand-new in the package. Things I send are still good, even in they are not brand new.
October 2: I had planned for a long weekend of fun, but it turned into a long weekend of nothing. Today was supposed to be a day to hang out with my aunts and go to the central Iowa junk jaunt, but due to covid we decided not to go (maybe next year). I received a SMS colorful and SMS spiky:
I love these stickers, not sure what I'll do with the charms.
I had bought a package of Wine Gums last week, not realizing they were gummies that tasted like wine, I just got excited about gummies. I didn't like them, I ended up taking them to work.
I also received a wish for a Wink of Stella pen:
I had to google how to use it. I also didn't realize there was a black one, I really wanted one that was clear, so I could add a bit of sparkle to things. I guess I have to be more specific in the future.
October 3: I was pretty productive in getting things ready to be mailed out.
 Made a Halloween pocket letter:
A wish of planner stickers:
I keep buying planner sticker books, but I don't use planners. I only buy the books if there's enough other pages I can use that aren't specifically planner stickers, so I have tons of the planner variety.
A wish for stationery:
I get a lot of stationery in my mail groups, when I write penpal letters I like to just use notebook paper, I can get so much more on them, I'm a long letter writer.
A wish for cute shaped paperclips:
I just sorted through the bunches I have. A mermaid, bicycle, star, fish (shark?), banner flag, coffee cup, martini glass, square, heart and an envelope.
A wish of something unicorn:
Just some random cards, memo sheets, stickers and postcards I found in my stash.
An SMS cuddly:
I know they wanted like a stuffed animal, but I really needed to go flat at this point.
Dollar Tree:
Again, needed to go flat. It seems a lot of people are sending stickers lately anyway.
And a favorite color: green.
I received this marquee light in my latest You Matter box, I found it cute, but I don't think I'm going to use it.
October 4: I was not productive this day. Ended up watching TV and reading on the computer all day.
October 5: Another pretty productive day, created some altered paperclips:

They ended up being all fall themed, I didn't mean them to be, but I found these chipboard fall stickers I picked up last year and they all just kinda worked.
Created some Halloween tags for a handmade tag:
I went with tags because I could go flat, and I'd already done a pocket letter and a flipbook tag.
Here's the flip book tag:
I actually signed up for a Halloween flip book tag in both my mail groups, so I made two very similar ones.
I granted a wish for clear stamps:
I received this with an altered canvas.
I granted a wish for bookmarks:
One from a fairy bookmark swap and the other two from here and there.
and a bunch of wishes for surprises, which ended up being happy mail:
I tried to include about the same things in all of them. This one has some die cuts as extra stuff.
This one I included some neat Lisa Frank stickers:
And this one has a really cute postcard:
This one seemed to go more childish:
I really like the stationery I included in this one:
I keep hoarding all this stuff because it's cute, at some point I have to realize I'm never going to use it.
I also signed up for a perfectly purple swap:
We just have to send 5 purple items. These are all things I've received that I will not use. I picked up the pen at the Dollar Tree basically for the shaker on top, the notebook I got in the last purple swap, the bigger purple thing is an embellishment holder I got in a Peachy Cheap grab bag, the trim I got in a swap and the scissors are from a Back to School swap, I was going to keep them, but then I really wanted to do this swap.
I also signed up for a mystery swap, we send 5 random things.
Again, things I won't use. Some stickers from a Stickerpalooza swap, tape from a Destash swap, bracelet from the Glow in the Dark tag, headband from my You Matter box and a bag from the Dollar Tree.
I received some long overdue vintage twinchies in the mail:
Pretty cute.
October 6: somewhat productive. I granted a wish for cute sticky notes:
Again something I've been hoarding and probably won't use.
A wish for something sloth:
Some stationery I received, as I was packing it up, I realized there were only a few sheets, so I put a card in as well.
A theme free card swap:
I totally just used some scraps that were on my desk, I still think it's cute.
Halloween ATCs:
More scraps from my desk.
I received what was supposed to be the return ATCs
As you can see they are not, they are cards and cute, but I signed up for an ATC swap.
October 7: Put together an E tag:
I had a lot more items, but I didn't feel like sending such a heavy package, so I went with earrings I got in an International Blessings box, an Easter notepad from an Easter swap and emery boards from a mermaid swap.
A wish for project life cards:
I had bought these at Dollar Tree (probably because I couldn't believe they were only a dollar).
A wish for happy mail:
A bunch of sticker flakes, a few memo sheets, a couple postcards and a coloring sheet.
And another wish for happy mail:
more stickers, some shaped paperclips, a card and a postcard.
No mail for me.
October 8: I received some die cuts:
And that was a long two weeks.

No comments: