Saturday, September 12, 2020

Playing Catch-up

August 29: Found this picture online, totally true of any papercrafting project for me.
I sent out a Send Me Something silver:
I got this tassel in a swap and kept wondering what I was going to do with it.
A favorite color: Turquoise tag:

I was originally going to just send the paperclips, but then I thought it'd be more fun to fill a pencil pouch (I happened to get one in the back to school swap), I filled it with the paper clips (from a swap), a pen (from a pen pack tag), some washi (in my stash, from who knows where), and some sticky notes (bought these years ago from Target).
I received a 50 loose stickers tag that day:

I've stopped doing this tag, it seems to be more and more people cutting apart sticker sheets. It's supposed to be loose stickers, like sticker flakes.
Also received a flat item tag:
I stopped doing this tag, too, because the last few I've received have been face masks, I don't use face masks.
 August 30:
I received some fall tags in the mail:
There was supposed to be one in traditional fall colors and one in non traditional. They both look like traditional colors to me. I still like them.
The goodies that came with them:

I also received a fabric facemask:
Sadly, the string they put in it, didn't work for me, so I tried threading some different string through and learned that string can cut into you. Also, it was the start of a crappy week.
September 1:
I learned I live in the worst city for covid in the world. That didn't help my week. I put together an embellishments tag:
Just basically a bunch of stuff from my stash.
September 2:
I received a Send Me Something Yummy tag:
Only I don't consider it yummy. I ended up taking it to a co worker who has a young child.
September 3: I went to an Asian food store and picked up some interesting food:
rice dumpling with 8 treasures, dim sum mix, red bean pancake things, Darjeeling milk tea, Earl Grey milk tea, green onion pancakes, jelly strips.
I spent about $33. The rice dumplings are strange, they have sweet sticky rice with red beans and then corn and other savory things, they just don't go well together for me. They come wrapped up in some kind of leaf and tied shut. I love the presentation. I like the dim sum mix, there's a couple shrimp and I'm not sure what the others are. I've had the red bean pancake thing before, I'm not sure why I picked them up, they were too sweet last time I had them. I really enjoy the milk teas, they are so good. The green onion pancakes are thin kinda like crepes, the pictures show that you're supposed to wrap things up in them, but I like eating them by themselves. The jelly strips remind me of the jelly drinks I've had with chunks of jelly in them, they are the same brand.
September 4:
I got a RAK of writing paper in the mail:
September 5: I made a flip book:
And an autumn pocket letter:
And put together a Send Me Something fun tag:
I had gotten this in my You Matter box.
I also put together a sticker palooza swap:
These are all sticker sheets I've gotten in other swaps and tags.
A Send Me Something sparkly:
Got this for another tag/swap.
September 6:
I put together a wish for something Care Bear:
I was going to send a figurine and then found this folder that I got at a garage sale.
A wish for something hedgehog
I had received this when I wished for something hedgehog
A wish for makeup brushes
I got these in a Once Upon a Book Club box
And a wish for clear Christmas stamps:
Fairly certain I got this in a destash swap.
September 7:
I made a Back to School pocket letter and matching bookmark:
And some bling ATCs
September 8: I went to lunch at Perkins with a friend, it was disappointing, if there were pictures on the menu, I wouldn't have gotten what I did. We stopped at the Dollar Tree afterwards:
shampoo and conditioner, shower pouf, legal size envelopes, toothpaste, mini USB cable.
Sweettarts, mini sticky note set, notepad set, 2021 calendar, monster pen, markers, bandages, macaroon box, permanent markers.
Beanie Boos mystery boxes, Gingerbread stickers, skeleton hands, hopping eyeball, minion, llama washi.
I found a favorite color tag: mint when I got home:
I will be passing on both, even though I really like the bookmark.
I also found a Beach flipbook:
And the goodies she included:
September 9, and 10: nothing exciting, just work, no mail.
September 11: I went to sidewalk sales in my local downtown with a friend. I found this neat blazer:
It's totally my mother, but since she's retired, she wouldn't wear it, plus it's the wrong size.
I found this cool gift bag:
That would work great for my brother.
I also found this cute 'guinea pig' at a fair trade store:
I didn't buy it, but I really want to go back and pick it up.
I put together a couple autumn happy mail tags, one flat:
A glow in the dark tag:
And the second autumn happy mail tag, more of a parcel.
I also put together a fun swap package:
My partner said she liked foxes, hedgehogs, Gorjuss girls, sunflowers and girlie stuff. So I basically put together all the pampering stuff I had with some other fun things.
September 12:
I received an autumn pocket letter:
And the goodies she included:
Another fun pocket letter:
And the goodies included:
And a flip book:
And the goodies she included:


No comments: