Thursday, January 07, 2021

Happy new year

December 30: Had the hardest time warming up after getting home from work. No mail. I put together a couple things to mail. Something with hearts:
Just some coloring cards, stickers, stamped images and a bookmark.
And emojis:
I went with a few sheets from a bunch of sticky note sets.
December 31: I didn't have to work, so it was a very lazy day. I put together a Minnie Mouse tag:
I thought I had some stickers, but couldn't find them, so went with some paper, a tag and some tape.
Found 4 things in the mail, a happy mail tag:
I love the stamped images, her coloring is really good.
A Christmas card:
I'm a little annoyed they didn't write what group and it was postmarked the 26th.
Send Me Something sloth:
So many cute stickers, plus some washi and some random Valentine's.
And last but not least, a Christmas Dollar Tree tag:
This was originally mailed on December 9th, but must've gone back to her, because when I opened it, it had different postage on it. It's obviously a parcel with the pen and the spiral binding.
 I had emailed someone earlier in the week about an apartment and bit the bullet and called them back. I set up a viewing for 3 apartments on the 2nd. I learned they know some of the same people I do, figured if I needed a character reference I was good. 
I had a fried chicken dinner and made it to barely midnight.
January 1: Apparently there was another payment from the government, well that will help a little. I'm continuing with my happy a day, but this year, I decided to put it in the pocket calendar that I purchased. It was another lazy day. Basically watched youtube all day.
January 2: Had an appointment to see some apartments at 9:30. I decided on one of them. I'm so excited. I kinda started planning already, even though I don't have to move until August. I put together some Saturday RAKS: One person wanted some fun stuff for her kid's birthday:
I went with some cute keychains, a weird pen, a facemask, a journal, and a stuffed llama (I'm getting rid of stuff already).
A wish for something owl:
Raided my washi for the tape, went with some stickers and an embossed paper. I volunteered to come in for work, we're short a person.
Found a couple things in the mail, a Happy New Year card:
Found this nice thank you note in my work mailbox:
One of the people I gave goodie bags to, said it brightened their holiday. That's why I give people things.
Also, got a send me something sloth in the mail:
I've been wanting these sticky notes for awhile.
Looks like blogger rearranged my photos again. I put together a wish for washi:
I'm trying to use up this large box of holiday washi I got at Hobby Lobby years ago.
Also a Dollar Tree tag:
I'm tired of people just sending me stickers for this tag. I ended up adding another sticker pack before I mailed.
January 3: Got a lease, signed it and am all ready for moving (not quite). I'm wicked excited. I started planning on where things were going and started sorting things. Got my laundry done. Read my first book of the year: Women in the Kitchen. It was good. It's about women cookbook writers. I spent about half an hour talking with my friend about how excited we were about my new place. 
January 4: Woke up way too early, so I decided to read. Finished my second book of the year: Into the Abyss. Found an Amazon package:

For a coin purse. This is a really nice one, I would've been ok with a cute cheap one from Daiso.
Found a couple things in the mail:
A Send me Something sloth and chocolate. I was kinda annoyed that they said the package weighed 4 oz (they used an online service for postage). It felt heavy when I got it out of the mailbox, no wonder the post office is losing money. I got another one of these sloth sticky notes packs. Guess when it rains it pours.
A wish for purple washi:
Very cute. 
January 5: Learned why I have a do not disturb setting on my phone. I found my boss had called and texted about 7:30 because someone called in sick. I don't mind being interrupted after I'm awake, but I don't want to be woken up. I put together a wish for planner stuff:
And a send me something sloth:
One pack is more than enough. And one for something mermaid:
I put together a new sticker pack:
The person I was sending to, said she liked cats and wanted tiny smiley faces. Nothing was in the mailbox when I left for work. Work was slow, like a normal night. Found my mail waiting for me at my door when I got home. A grant a wish tag:
I was expecting something from Amazon itself, not that this isn't fine, I just was expecting something else.
A winter wishes pocket letter:
And a missing sloth item:
Look, it's another sloth sticky note set.
I also got a postage due slip.
January 6: Found out my postage due item was a pin. It's obviously not flexible or less than 1/4". It's getting annoying that people don't try to even send things on the right amount of postage. I will not pay a parcel rate when you were hoping I would.  No mail and a day full of sorting. 
January 7: Work was kinda busy. I had a lot of walking around. I went shopping in our downtown area on my way home. I visited a local fair trade store, a local antique store and then a gift store. I only ended up buying stuff at the gift store:
A few gnomes, a hedgehog, a ghost and a snowflake. Everything was 50% off. I've totally been sucked into gnomes. That hedgehog is wicked cute, as was the ghost. I got the snowflake for a friend.
No mail when I got home. I did sort out a bunch of stuffed animals:
and posted them on a local giveaway site:
I'm pretty sure I will have more stuffed animals. I got tired of my winter stuff being out, so I put it away and sorted a bunch of snowmen to get rid of and some decorative stuff. I like mostly everything I have. I think I need to focus on reading my books. I suspended all my book requests at the library, but apparently I couldn't handle that, so I checked out a bunch off the shelves. I noticed the last time I moved in 2016, I read over 100 books, I was kinda hoping I'd have that same thing this year. Checked the mail about 6 and found a few things.  A wish for happy mail and something gnome.
Something hearts:
And a Random Act of Kindness?
I don't know, but there's a lot of fun stickers in here. I put together a washi swap:
And then realized it was time to take a shower.

No comments: