Monday, January 18, 2021

A box of washi

January 12: Found out one of my favorite places to shop doesn't require masks, decided I wouldn't be going back there to shop for awhile. Put together a couple sticker swaps:
And:
A wish for something birds and butterflies:
A wish for butterfliers, something vintage and Valentine's mail:
I received a couple sticker book wishes:
This seems to be a theme, I get one, and then I get more. I do love the avocado stickers, and the other ones are cute.
I got rid of a few more things, random box of stuff:
A Project Life album:
This one was hard to get rid of, people have a hard time following directions apparently.
And a bag of toys:
And I tried to get rid of these, but people and instructions again.
Work was slow, we had an abundance of people and it was a normal Tuesday, not many people after 7pm. It was cold when I got home, 61 degrees.
 January 13: SSDD. Had a postage due to refuse at the post office, it was a roll of washi sent on 3 stamps.
Found a destash tag when I got home:

I probably won't use anything but the washi. I want to do a Valentine's Day swap, but I don't want to go shopping and I don't need more stuff.
Wednesday was Rubber Ducky Day:
Picked this guy up on Monday at the Dollar Tree.
January 14: Found this note in a book:
And another wish granted when I got home:
These are cute, but it's just the same looking hedgehog doing a bunch of stuff.
Put together a wish for a surprise:
Something Pigs:
Sticko stickers:
I may have put more in this than I normally would, I'm just trying to get rid of stuff.
A wish for tag inserts:
These are ones I got that smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, I just can't have them in my house.
A wish for postcards and My Little Pony:
Also found a grant a wish for Sloths in the mail:
What number is this? Number 4?
And a surprise:
I like the individual stickers.
January 15: We were in a blizzard warning from 6pm on the 14th through 6pm on the 15th. We got a bunch of snow overnight between Thursday and Friday, we were supposed to have high winds all day on Friday. The blizzard warning was called off by 11AM. My boss called at 7AM saying we had a delayed opening and I didn't need to come in to work. So I worked on a Countdown to Valentine's Day Swap. We had to decorate 14 bags stuffed with goodies to open Feb 1st-14th, half had to be handmade. What I sent:
I signed up for two partners:
They are mostly the same, the storebought certainly are. I went with gems, lace, stickers, buttons, plastic hearts, resin pieces and sequins. 
I made some foam monsters, that I decided were too childish, so I added more to that bag later.
Some embellishments, I didn't make the hearts.
Rosettes:
Cards:
Paperclips:
notebooks:
Some altered notebooks:
And some tassels, these are what I added to the monster bags.
And here are the bags:
I found a wish granted of gnomes in the mail:
These are wicked cute. They are magnets.
Here are some Dollar Tree Valentine's kits I picked up:
And the monsters from Hobby Lobby:
I love these kits.
January 16: Spent the day being lazy and watching movies. I found a washi swap in the mail:
It's a weird random assortment of washi and she put them on index cards, so I can't use some of them.
Also a wish for happy mail:
I put quite a lot of it into the bags of art stuff to get rid of. I said I'd do that with all incoming mail I didn't want. I'm really good at holding on to things, which is part of the reason I have so much stuff.
I put together a wish of a book to read:
A surprise:
And some Valentine's Day stickers.
And a tag of vinyl stickers:
January 17: Put together a wish for something cactus and llama:
Also added more just to get rid of things.
And a wish for happy mail:
Put together a mystery swap:
And had another lazy day watching TV. I stopped listing things to get rid of on the reuse site because it seemed like the same people would comment. I want to get rid of stuff, but I think it's greedy for the same people to get it. What I'm listing is not stuff people need (mostly decorative stuff and art stuff). I'm giving it a rest until February.
January 18: Tried reading a couple things and then headed out the door for a 3pm eye appointment, stopped off at the Dollar Tree on the way there:
I think it's the first time I didn't buy anything for my groups. The sixlets and bags are for Valentine's at work. I just liked the stickers.
My eye appointment took an hour and I knew I needed to get home before it got dark and all the melting refroze. Found an Amazon package on the porch when I got home:
That was a nice surprise, it's MLK Jr day, so I didn't figure I'd get anything in the "mail"
I tried placing an order on Amazon for a small wall calendar and a couple other things to make the free shipping minimum and they told me the items couldn't be shipped to my address, which I thought was weird because I'd never had issues before. After bouncing around in help and on shipping restrictions, I finally got through to a person that said that happens when things aren't available at the nearest warehouse. It was 3 different items. That annoyed me, decided I just wouldn't be shopping at Amazon anytime soon.

No comments: