Monday, February 10, 2020

International Blessings box review

I received my last International Blessings box the other day.
I signed up at the end of August to receive six months of the boxes.
September:
 A paper beaded necklace and bracelet, a pair of earrings and a lip balm.
I was so excited about this box, and then I opened it and I wasn't that excited. I knew I wouldn't use any of this for myself. I passed on mostly everything to other people, so it made people happy.
October:
 a notebook, a pair of earrings, a magnet and a bracelet.
I really liked this month and hoped the rest of my subscription would be this good. I loved the magnet and put that right on my fridge. I've worn the earrings several times, they go well with pink items, I also like their length. I like the notebook, I can't decide whether to keep it or give it away. I like the bracelet, too, I just don't ever see myself wearing it.
November:
 I wasn't as excited about this one, again I won't wear the bracelet and I won't use the keychain. I have worn the earrings, I like that they look like earrings, they are another nice long length.
December:
 I was hoping for something different. The box was bigger to accommodate the bell, though it makes me think of a cow bell. None of this goes with my decor, though I do really like the colors of the owl and the fact that it's an owl. I did pass the bicycle on to a friend that's into cycling.
January:
 I won't use any of these. I was rather amused about the infinity scarf, it came with a tag that told me all the ways to wear a normal scarf. There's only one way to wear an infinity scarf, so it was a bit weird. I love the color and think I know who to give it to. I wish the other two items were more colorful, the brown is just not doing it for me.
February:
I liked this box a bunch as well. I really like the hippo soap stone dish and the dainty bracelet. Not so excited about the earrings.
I took an inventory of what I got over 6 months, 1 necklace:
I sent this as a wearable tag.
Five bracelets:
September:
I still have this one.
October:
 I sent this for a wish for something wearable.
November:
 I was tempted to send this to a friend who wears these colors, but I'm not sure if she wears bracelets.
January:
 February:
I like this one, it's really dainty, though I hope no one who gets the box really had any wrists because it barely fit mine, and mine's tiny.
December was the only month I didn't get a bracelet.
4 pairs of earrings:
 September's pair I mailed off for a secret sister.
 October's I kept, I like the beads on these, plus they're long.
 November's I also kept because they're long and look like feathers.
February's I'll probably pass on.
A lip balm:
This was from September I passed it on as a RAK.
a notebook:
This is from October, I haven't done anything with it yet, not sure if I want to keep it or pass it on.
A magnet:
This is from October, I really like it, it went right on my refrigerator.
2 keychains:
 This is from November, I won't use it, I plan to pass it on.
This is from January, I'll be passing it on.
3 ornaments:
These are all from December, the bell reminds me of a cow bell, the bike I passed on to a friend.
a scarf:
It's nice, but I don't wear decorative scarves.
and a bowl:
I'm not sure it was worth it to me. My reasons for getting it were because I could support women and others and because I have a store that carries some of these items, and I'd never buy them for me. Due to the fact that I have that store, I don't think I should have signed up, it has the same idea behind it, it's all fair trade. I think it's more fun for people that can't get these items and if you're more into jewelry. I'm not a big jewelry person, I expected more other things. I think October and February were my favorite months, they had more fun things that I would use.
It's a good subscription, just doesn't really work for me.

No comments: