Monday, December 09, 2019

Plaid Bird

Saturday: I went on a home tour with a friend, on our way to the home tour, we saw a sign for a tag sale and decided to check that out first. It was in an interesting home, it was painted green with mirrors on the ceiling of the entryway and the ceiling paint coming off in sheets. There was also a set of steps into the basement from the living room with a wrought iron fence and gate around it. Apparently the person that used to live there was an engineer, there were a ton of slide rules, including one that was about as tall as the garage and drafting tools.
I bought a box of rocks for $5
 The rocks I actually bought it for:
 I figured all the other rocks I could give to a co-worker who also likes rocks.
We went to a local place for lunch. I wasn't that impressed, all they had to eat was crepes, which I didn't know beforehand, they didn't really have much of a beverage selection I had asked for water with a chai latte, I got the chai latte but not the water. I wondered later if the water was sitting out somewhere, but I was never informed of where it would be, they also never brought us napkins.
I was hoping the home tour would get me in the Christmas spirit, but with the temperature in the 40's and no snow, and not very decorated homes did not get me in the spirit.
We also checked out a holiday art fair, I found this cute tree:
 I didn't feel like paying $12 for it. My friend picked up a large vase, I didn't find anything to spend my money on.
The lunch place didn't have desserts (they had sweet crepes, but after having a savory crepe for lunch, we didn't really want another crepe for dessert), so we went somewhere else after the home tour for dessert.
I got a piece of lemon marscapone cake
 We also visited a store I was hoping would have a chocolate Advent calendar I wanted, they didn't, so I didn't buy anything.
I found 4 pieces of mail when I got home.
A stocking stuffer destash swap:
 more stuff:
 More stuff:
 There were also a bunch of paper scraps, but I was tired of taking pictures at this point.
A kawaii tag:
 IT'S SO CUTE!!! It made my day.
An edible tag:
 This came from Australia, I was hoping to get something fun, like snacks or chocolate I couldn't get here, not oatmeal.
And a Christmas card:
Sunday:
The embellishments are from the swap, the penguin and washi from mine.
What I sent:
I made it with a Dollar Store snowflake ornament and a bunch of other snowflake things I found in my stash.
I got my laundry done.
Monday: 
The stickers are from the swap, the bird and house washi are from mine. I kinda feel like I should be doing more Christmas crafting with all the Christmas stuff I'm getting. I love this bird, he's so cute.
What I sent:
Some stickers I had bought at Target.
It was a stressful day at work, lots of things to get used to in interlibrary loan. Took me longer than normal. We also had a freak blizzard. It went from slight misting to tons of snow coming down and wicked wind. By the time I went on break about a quarter to 12, the snow had stopped, by the time I left at 1:15, the sun was out and anything in the sun was melted. The wind was wicked cold, though, I couldn't feel my face after a few blocks. I really wanted to get a Mtn Dew and some Munchies, but I refrained. I got home, and called my insurance company about my dr, they still said my dr wasn't covered. Called the clinic back, said they were working on adding her, but she'd be under a different dr that was covered. She's actually an advanced registered nurse practitioner, I think that's why she's under a dr, I don't know but the dr they said she's under is covered and they said that's who it will be billed under. Decided to go to the store and get my Mtn Dew and Munchies, also picked up some Peanut Butter Party ice cream and some pastries. It is pastry day, so I celebrated accordingly. I have to keep reminding myself not to eat anything past 9pm tonight.
Got a bunch of stuff in the mail.
First up:
 My goodie box from my aunt. Each year she sends me a box of handmade goodies she makes with her granddaughter.
Second was a Peachy Cheap grab bag from Black Friday.
 Every subsequent time I get this, I like more stuff. I'll probably pass on the photo overlays in the top left corner, the thickers that are second to the right on top. I don't know what I'll use the paperclip and doily acetate for, but I still like them.
More stuff:
 I will also pass on that stencil on the bottom left.
A close-up of the journal pad, third from the left on top:
 Close-up of stickers on the right on the top:
 Close-up of sticker pack next to the banner stickers in the 2nd row, second to last on right.
 Close-up of summer ephemera in the second row last on the right.
 Close-up of boy themed stickers second from left on bottom row:
 Close-up of cruise themed ephemera second from right last row:
 Close-up of ephemera last on right last row:
 And I forgot to put these journaling cards in either of the pictures.
 Third item was an ATC:
 And last was a Christmas flipbook:
 First flip:
 Second flip:
 Back:
 All the goodies.

It's been awhile since I liked everything I got in the mail. 
I had tentative plans to hang out with my aunt next Thursday/Friday, we were gonna go shopping and hang out a bit, and I was going to help her with stuff for Christmas eve. I asked her what she had decided today, she said she didn't think she needed my help. It kinda ruined my day, I really wanted to go shopping and hang out. I'm rather bummed now.

No comments: