Thursday, December 05, 2019

It's December

Sunday: I was so excited to open my Advent calendars, they weren't that exciting. 
 My partner sent the sequin mix and the trim, I'm excited about the tiny pompom trim, I like the sequin mix, but I'm don't think I'll use it. Mine was the lace, gingerbread guys and the poinsettia flowers. Mine aren't numbered for days, I have numbers on them, just to make sure I got the right amount, but they're not pertaining to the days. I like it, obviously, I was just hoping for more blind bags/toys. I'm almost done with Christmas swaps, I don't know what I'll use them for.
I made a Christmas flipbook:
 I went flat this time, I'm kinda hoping it can be sent as a large envelope.
Christmas card:
 Happy mail:
 I finally finished my giant book and CSI: Season 5, both requested. I made tentative plans with my aunt to get together and help out with Christmas stuff at her house, and maybe some shopping.
Monday:
 My partner sent the double-sided tape and twine. I love the twine holder, not sure I'll use either of these. Mind was the ornament, washi and chocolate. I was surprised to find chocolate in there, I'm sure it's still good, I just don't usually put it in there for a year. I was wondering what happened to this ornament.
As I was leaving for work, I found an envelope stuck in my door, turned out to be a Christmas Happy Mail tag:
 It's very sparkly. I used a couple of the cut aparts. Figure I can use the trees for my winter pocket letter I have to do.
I also received 6 items in the mail.
Fandoms: minions
 I really like this, I was thinking of minions in general, but this will work.
Sticky notes:
 Very cute.
Christmas ornament:
 Not so happy about this, it showed up broken. It was sent in a regular envelope with one stamp, it's not surprising it was broken. Wood is not flexible, should've been sent non-machineable, not sure it'll get replaced, though.
Wrapped Christmas Gifts swag:
I was going to wait to unwrap it, but I was grumpy, so I unwrapped.
 I'm not so excited about any of it, though I might use the face mask, I kinda need some aloe vera cream. I'll eat the chocolate, not sure what I'll do with the garland.
Also received my replacement Wrapped Christmas Gift swap:
I couldn't wait on this one either.
 This one is a bit better, I like the journal, cards, gel pens, and the minions stickers. I'll pass the rest on. I'm thinking I just can't be pleased at Christmas, ever since my ex broke up with me (around Christmas), I'm just grumpy and I realize I shouldn't be, but nothing really seems to make me happy, I think that and the depression and I probably deal with SAD as well. I have no answers.
I put together a favorite animal: cats tag
Tuesday:
 My advent calendar had the sloth keychain and washi, the stickers and gems are from the swap.
I went shopping, first stop was the Dollar Tree:
 a couple layered sticker sheets, that second one on the top will become a pocket letter, and some fruit stickers. Some tiny gift bags, a 2020 calendar, some brown paint, a mini pineapple clipboard and some peanut butter clusters for my dad.
 air freshener, multi-purpose knife, toothpaste, Irish spring, pens.
I've been having a mouse problem and heard that if you put out Irish spring, they will keep away from those areas. Spent about $15.
I wanted to go to BAM, but knew I'd just end up spending money on stuff I didn't need, so I just went straight to Walmart instead.
 Double stick tape, pain gel, zit cream, mailing envelopes, cellophane bags. I've been making these cute lace stars and figured I'd give them out as New Year's gifts, but I didn't know how to package them, I thought I could wrap them up in some tissue paper and some cute bags.
 Surprizeamals, emoji holiday stickers, Toy Story toy, tiny ornaments. I did pick up a couple blind bags. It looks like I went with having a roll of washi in every day of my Advent calendar, of course I keep hoping I put blind bags in them, but I don't think I'm finding any and I want blind bags. This one turned out to be a multi-colored chameleon, he did wonders to my mood when I opened it. Spent about $37.
Last stop was Target, I've never done Target as my last stop before.
 chocolate and some red velvet chips ahoy. I really wanted more chocolate, but I refrained.
 toothbrush heads and tums. So exciting.
 A couple more kitty blind bags and llama blind bags. I'm hoping there will be some marked down blind bags after Christmas, but I'm wondering if stores are marking down their holiday stuff before the holidays lately. Target was really picked over, it looked like the last time I went when they were just stocking stuff. If my plans with my aunt fall through on the 19th/20th, I'll go shopping and see if people are having sales, otherwise I'll do after Christmas shopping and make sure I have blind bags for next year's advent calendar. I'm also thinking of continuing the washi thing, but picking up an empty Advent calendar at Hobby Lobby this year for that. Total spent $43.
Last stop: HyVee Drug
 I've been thinking of getting something for the post office window crew for putting up with me throughout the year, plus I know I don't have the same mail carrier, so it'd be stupid to give them something. Figured I'd drop this off next week with a card saying thanks.
I received a Christmas pocket letter in the mail:
 the goodies:
 Very simple.
I also picked up a bunch of books from our free shelf:
I ended up putting about 3 back, I do not have room for more books.
I ended up having about 17,000 steps by the end of the day. I basically took a shower and went to bed when I got home.

No comments: