Friday, December 20, 2019

Not in a good mood

Tuesday: I went to bed really early on Monday and had a great night's sleep. Advent calendars:
 The two ephemera packs were from the Advent calendar swap, the gnome and minion washi are from mine and the decorative brads were from the 12 Days of Christmas swap.
Close-up of what's in the ephemera packs:
 And the Christmas one:
What I sent:
 Some chalkboard tags.
I didn't do much all day, just relaxed and read. I didn't get any mail. I did have a Christmas card in my work mailbox from a friend.
Wednesday:
 The ginger bread die cuts, trim and bling are from the Advent calendar swap, the washi and Snoopy journal are from mine and the Christmas ephemera pack are from the 12 Days of Christmas swap.
What I sent:
A mini journal that I altered.
I had signed up for a Favorite color tag Tuesday night, thinking I wouldn't worry about it until later as I will be doing my mailing on Monday next week, I woke up about 6:30, so figured I'd just go ahead and get it ready to be mailed:
 It's a journal. When I tried to find the person's address I'm mailing to, I couldn't find it in the database, so I tagged the person and asked them to post it. I saw they liked my post, but I don't see them adding their address. They could have had this by Friday, but by not following the rules of adding your address, they're going to have to wait until next Thursday at least to get it.
I did find out that I won a Winner Takes All on my mail group, and will be getting 32 pieces of mail from that. That totally made my day. I highly doubt I'll get any of them before I leave next week, so I'll have a pile of mail to open when I get home.
Work wasn't interesting. I got my presents mailed out as well as two ornament tags and a winter pocket letter.
I found a Christmas card when I got home:
 And a favorites tag:

Thursday:
 The mini notebook is from the Advent calendar swap, the lace from the 12 Days of Christmas swap, the gnome and Paris washi from mine.
I was really excited about the tiny notebook, mostly because she made it. I also got really excited about the gnome as well.
What I sent:
 Also a cute little notebook, not quite as small as the one above.
I was planning to go shopping, but then I got sucked into YouTube and ended up reading and watching TV and then my mom texted me saying we should get together on Sunday to exchange presents. She told me awhile ago that we should just do stocking stuffers because they didn't want to do big stuff. I wait until the big holidays, my birthday and Christmas to ask for big things that I want/need. Of course, I'm still waiting on the microwave they were going to get me for my birthday, so I guess I just shouldn't bother. Anyways, I kept with that. There were more things I would've bought for her, but every time I thought about it, I kept thinking of her wording of not needing more stuff, so I didn't. It worked out with my schedule this year to go on a short trip to visit my brother in Chicago, so we're heading out early next week and coming back at the end of the week. Mom seems all bothered about packing the stocking stuffers and taking them to Chicago. I can't imagine what stocking stuffer she has that she can't handle (or fit in a suitcase) to take to Chicago. Also, that means it would just be my brother and his girlfriend giving us stuff and us giving them stuff on Christmas, I'm not doing it, it's all packed and ready to go.
I'm just always so grumpy this time of year. I totally blame my parents. The first year I was with my ex, they said they were going to Rome for Christmas, when I said I wasn't interested in coming, they were just like, fine we don't care what you want. Thankfully, my ex said I could go home with him and that became our Christmas tradition. That was 2007. In 2011, my ex couldn't wait one day for me to come home with him, so he went home and basically never came back. He must've had some deep conversations with his family and decided to break up with me, because he never made contact with me after he came back. He finally broke up with me in a really long text message around Valentine's Day of 2012. Obviously I knew by then we were broken up, but this time of year just makes me grumpy. I think that's why I'm always going overboard with Christmas swaps and stuff and continuing into Valentine's Day with stuff. I just want someone else to give a damn about me.
No mail, which did not help my mood.
Friday:
 The gnome and washi is from mine, the stamp is from the 12 Days of Christmas, the rest from the Advent calendar swap.
So, that's 5 days of handmade stuff, 3 days being die cuts. I should have 7 more days of handmade stuff. There's only 4 more days left. GRUMPY FACE!!!
I'm thinking of putting all my gnomes and yeti's in next year's Advent calendar, I get so excited when I open days with those in them. I can't enjoy them except during this time of year, so I should put them early.
I'm definitely going down south shopping, if only because my mother pissed me off and that's how I deal with stress.

No comments: