Friday, August 09, 2019

Walmart and TJ Maxx

Monday: I lied, I didn't spend the rest of the day reading, I slacked off on the computer.
Tuesday: I put together a few things to mail.
Dollar Store:
 Surprise:
 Unicorn:
 Had a wicked hard time trying to figure out what to send for this tag. Finally settled on the sticky notes, I received them for a wish in this same group. I try to not send out things I've received in the same group, but I didn't really want to send out the unicorn tag I received from another group.
Purple crafting supplies:
 I didn't get any mail Tuesday or Wednesday, I hate no mail days. It makes me want to go shopping or sign up for more tags. It led me to sign up for a couple more swaps than I was planning to do.
Wednesday: I got a new guy at the post office, it's always fun when I get a new person that I've never interacted with before, I only had one package so not too much.
I spent the rest of Wednesday reading. I signed up for a book club that's meeting on the 11th, and I hadn't finished the book yet and I had said I'd go with my parents to visit my aunt on Friday, so I knew I needed to sit down and read it. It was weird. It's called White Tears. It starts with following this guy, Seth, as he travels through his town recording things going on on the street. One piece, a guy singing at chess and another guy playing a guitar. Later we find out he's really good friends with this rich guy, Carter and they live together in New York City where they have a music studio. Seth basically puts things together and Carter funds it. They do have to get a loan from Carter's brother Cornelius.  Carter puts the singing chess guy and the guitar guy together and messes around with it to make it sound like a record and puts it online. Some guy, Jim gets kinda upset when he hears it and says they had to have bought it somewhere and wants to meet and buy it. Jim gets more upset when he meets with Carter one night but Carter didn't bring the record. Carter goes off in search of some records to buy and gets the crap beat out of him and is in a coma. His family won't let Seth see him, Seth falls into a deep depression trying to get over this, in the meantime, Cornelius stops paying rent on the apartment they're living in and kicks out Seth and changes the locks at the music studio. Seth tries getting in touch with Jim who then tells him this weird story about traveling down south with a friend to find this record of the chess guy singing. Once his friend finds it, Jim can't remember what happens and they get back to New York and split up. His friend goes crazy and spontaneously combusts. Seth tells Carter's sister they need to go on this trip to follow Jim's footsteps to find the chess guy. Somehow, Carter's sister gets murdered and Seth gets blamed for it. As he's in the police station he goes back in time and becomes the chess guy being accused of killing some lady and then dying in a prison camp. This prison camp is run by Carter's grandfather who also helps to kill the chess guy. Seth goes back to the present and the cops find the guy who killed Carter's sister and Carter's family pays Seth off it forget the whole thing.  As Seth is bouncing around the country trying to find out what happened to the guy that killed Carter's sister, he somehow gets possessed by chess guy's soul and ends up killing Cornelius and Carter's parents and then goes to jail. It was wicked weird. I get an email about all these things I'm supposed to be thinking about for the book club and that we should come up with 3-5 discussion questions about the book. I'm not so sure I want to go anymore. I just wanted to see what other people thought about the book, I'm not that interested in homework before this meeting.
I had an email from the bookstore people when I got home on Wednesday, we'd been going around about my application, because the university switched over to a new payment system. They finally got it, but again they keep telling me I have to do stuff that I don't have to do. We do this every August. I'm at the events center at the university so I work throughout the year and am in the system, btu they always insist I have to go file paperwork to get in the system. They also asked me about my schedule, I was going to just ignore it for a day, but I filled it out.
Thursday: I had planned to go shopping, but didn't feel like going outside. I had a reply email from the bookstore and they basically scheduled me for every hour I said I was available. I always forget they do this. So, I am again working every moment there that I'm not at the library. I don't have a day off until Labor Day. Which also makes me not want to go to the book club. It's on the 11th,  my last day off until Labor Day and I have some errands to run that I won't be able to do otherwise.
I do this every time. I over schedule myself at the bookstore and then once I get the schedule I freak out. I did tweak my hours in January, I said I wasn't available until 9AM and didn't work weekends and then I got upset when I didn't have a very big check from them. This time I decided I wasn't available until 9, and I wasn't working after 5 except one day when I'm there for 6 hours on the first day of school and leave at 8. I had asked for vacation from the library, the first two days of school starting, but haven't heard back from my boss yet, I just decided if I get the time off I will just not work. I'll need the time by then. I did also say I wasn't available on Wednesdays, that's my errand day, otherwise I don't have time to go grocery shopping.
I found a few things in the mail on Thursday.
RAK:
 I don't really use memo sheets, but I like the Aladdin postcard.
Surprise:
 I'll be passing this on.
Wishes granted.
 I had asked for mini glue sticks and something handmade. I'm a bit bothered by this she said she had mailed it like 2 weeks ago and it just now showed up.
I did finish a blue/yellow pocket letter for a swap:
 This was challenging because I know I have more yellow items, but I couldn't find them. Also, you can see the top left card, I dropped the pocket letter on the floor and lost that blue paper, so I had to create another card that didn't really match.
Friday: I did go shopping. Chose to walk up to the mall and hit some garage sales on the way there.
First stop was one I'd gone to in the past, and they had a ton of stickers. Not so much this time.
The second stop turned out to be a collection of sales. I found the stress fish, but as I was about to pay the lady got a phone call and walked off inside. I was tempted to just leave the quarter on her stack of stuff and leave, but I waited.
 The red flowers and lady bugs were from the first sale, total spent: $1. The fish and stickers were from the second sale, total spent: 25 cents.
As I was crossing the street to Walmart, some guy in a van turned left when I had a walk light, so I flicked him off. I keep thinking I should buy an airhorn because people in cars don't really notice pedestrians flicking them off when they act like assholes.
A few weeks ago, my cousin said she'd dye my hair for me, but it didn't happen. Took some pictures of the color I'd like to have for her.
  
 Something in that color range. I miss having red hair, but I'm too afraid to dye my own hair.
The whole reason I went was to get shampoo and tape, they didn't have tape.
 Fruit snacks ($3), shower poufs ($1), Aloe drink ($2), shampoo ($2).
I picked up the fruit things for snack while I'm at the bookstore. Figured I'd pick up a shower pouf now because I probably wouldn't have time to pick one up before September. These Aloe drinks are pretty good.
 Chocolate ($4), pencil sharpener ($1), Lost Kitties blind bags ($3, and $2), Moj Moj blind bag ($2), Smushy Mooshy blind bag ($4).
They still had a ton of toys on clearance, I've learned it's easier to navigate the toy aisles at the north Walmart. Total spent: ~$24.
My second reason for going to the mall was to look at Bagallini bags at TJ Maxx, I wish I had a smaller bag that fit my wallet. I couldn't find one and I believe I just need a smaller wallet.
 donut shower curtain ($5), cheese snack ($4), peanut butter bites ($4), peanut butter cookies ($3 together).
I need a new shower curtain, the cheap ones at Walmart are $5, so finding a nice on at this price, I grabbed it. I picked up the cheese snacks for the bookstore and the others because I was hungry. I also picked up a Cherry Coke. Total spent: $20. My total was at $17 something and they asked if I wanted to donate for something, so I rounded up to $20.
I high tailed it to the bus stop and rode the bus home. Had to stop at the grocery store on my way home because I was supposed to get cereal, I realized I needed milk as well. Hit 10,000 steps before I made it home. My dad had said I should use the health app on my iPhone since the fitbit is based on how much you move your arms, and isn't really accurate. It does give me a lower number, but I don't always have it on me when I'm moving. Like when I'm at work, or just walking around my apartment. Again, if people would have just bought me a pedometer, but like always, they think they know what's right for me.
Found a few things in the mail.
Wacky Wednesday: soft:
 This was a re send because the first time she sent me random sticker sheets and handmade envelopes. It was supposed to be new. I like these, I'm just not sure how they fit with the theme of soft.
Kawaii:
 This one perturbs me a bit. I refused to pay postage on the first time she sent the kawaii tag, it was a parcel. She must've got it back and then decided not to send me the same thing. These are sticky notes mailed with one stamp.
Also, waiting for another swap I refused, or I feel it's one I refused. I had another item come as the same time as the above and I refused to pay postage on it, too, also a parcel. I'm still waiting to get that one.
I put together a back to school swap:
I had the pencils, colored pencils, notebook and pencil pouch already ready for this swap, figured I should send a pencil sharpener, so picked that up while I was at Walmart. Thought it was rude to send pencils but no pencil sharpener.
Took my shower and sat for the rest of the day. Tomorrow I plan to hit a couple sales and work, Sunday I'm pretty certain I won't be going to the book club because of errands I need to do before starting at the bookstore.

No comments: