Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Monster ornaments

November 1: Totally stressed out all week due to having to deal with life today, it was relatively painless this year.
Put together a wish for a book to read:
I got this in one of my Once Upon a Bookclub boxes, I didn't find it that great.
A wish for happy mail:
Found a Grant a Wish tag from Amazon:
I've been wanting to try color by number, but I don't want anything too hard, I feel this one will be fine.
And I put together a wish for something fox:
I had those cards in mind when I decided to send this wish. I knew I had washi and a few die cuts and sticky notes as well, so put those in, too.
November 2: Due to the stress of the day before (and maybe the rest of the week), I went shopping. I was planning to see if there was any Halloween stuff left and hoping there would be Christmas out, so I wouldn't have to shop later.
Saw this nice Galaxie on my walk down to shopping:

First up, was Target:

 Halloween was mostly just costumes, and a few bits of candy. Christmas was barely out, they had some stuff, but will be stocking more. I'm not sure if I'll go back (probably, who are we kidding?)

I found a good amount of ornaments, anyway. I love their ornaments are mostly $3. A couple teal deer (3), pink gnome (3), yellow sloth (3), Trolls mystery ornament (4), bee (3), four monsters (3 each), guinea pig (1) and another sloth (1). 
I had to get the monsters, I'm loving monsters, yetis and gnomes, and of course sloths and all the stuff. I can't believe they had a guinea pig, though guinea pigs don't have tails. The bee is embroidered with beads.
yeti socks (1), fuzzy socks (1), Troll lip balm (1), Reese's Take 5 (3.4), four Cosmic Candy hatchimals (3 each).
I've been asking for fuzzy socks and the CC hatchimals in wishes in my groups, but no one's been delivering, so I guess I just have to get them myself. I'm not sure I want to go back for more Christmas, I spent $30 on ornaments, just here. Not sure I need to go back when they're fully stocked. 
Next up was Walmart, I learned they were remodeling the store, not much was where it was supposed to be. I found a few things, 

Minions throw (10), camper ornaments (2), faux wood ornaments (2), Hershey's cookies in chocolate bar (1.5), Rice Krispie treats (1.3). I love Walmart's $2 ornament section about as much as I love Target's $3 section. Plus a lot of the time they have these multiple sets for $2. I was so excited to find the Minions throw, I'm always on the lookout for a Minions blanket and bedding set.
gnomes (2), llama (2), gnome (2), reindeer (2), tree (2.5), gnome (2), hat full of snowballs (2), easels (2).
Here I spent about $21 on Christmas ornaments. 
What was supposed to be last was Dollar Tree:
stickers, planner stickers, Christmas stocking, Christmas hat, tiny stuffed animals.
I picked up the stocking in case I had a stocking swap, I'm thinking I've signed up for all the Christmas swaps I'm going to, but just in case. Again, I couldn't pass up the Minions, and the animals were just too cute.
Flipz, pads, loofah, socks, glue sticks, Hershey's pretzel bites. 
Again with the socks, I had to get the glue sticks because the Antiquarian sticker book I picked up a few weeks has issues with stickiness. I admit I wouldn't have bought this if I knew they weren't really sticky and if I knew they had the border around them, it's so disappointing when people raved about how great they were.
Lastly, became Hobby Lobby:
Some tape refills.
I was going to Target for Christmas and the hatchimals, Walmart for tape and Christmas, Dollar Tree for a few essentials. Walmart didn't have my tape, which might have been ok. These refills I got from Hobby Lobby are $10 each, they come with 8 refills. At Walmart the new packages of 4 with the dispensers are $7 each. So, still cheaper at Hobby Lobby, I go through them so fast, maybe I should just go this route in the future. I feel I tried once, but Hobby Lobby was out.
I put together a Hello Kitty happy mail.
A Dollar Tree tag:
I received a couple items in the mail. A Winner Takes All of stickers:
A very nice selection. 
And a RAK of happy mail:
I really like that gnome and the cupcake stickers.
And my friend dropped off a Halloween gift for me.
It had a lot of glitter fallout, so I put some mod podge on it, it was a matte finish, so the body is not as sparkly.
Tuesday, I put together a wish for Christmas die cuts:
A wish for sequins mixes:
A wish for stationery:
And a wish for project life cards:
I received 5 things that day. My last cabochon purchase:
I really like these, plus I got that little avocado I LOVE. I really liked the good items as well.
A wish for happy mail:
very cute selection.
A Winner Takes All of address labels:
She had signed up for happy mail, I realize this is happy mail, but I guess I was expecting something else.
Another wish for happy mail:
These are really cute epoxy stickers, plus I love the bag.
And lastly, a Send Me Something spiky:
Very cute, I'm just not sure what I'll do with them.
Work was slow, no line at the polls.
Wednesday: another slow day at work. I put together a wish for something Alice in Wonderland:
A mashup tag:
We had to send something Hello Kitty (stickers and sticky notes), glitter (stickers), pink (stickers, embossed paper, postcard), and something handmade (card).
I made an ATC:
I received 3 things in the mail. An H tag:
I could really use hand lotion right now.
Autumn happy mail:
Another nice selection.
And a Winner Takes All:
I'm always up for more stickers.

No comments: