Thursday, September 12, 2019

Minion mail

Sunday: Finally used one of my days off to stay at home and avoid people. I didn't do a lot other than watch movies, read books and get some art stuff done.
The background for this card was sent with my birthday card from a friend asking me to do something with it. It only took me two months:
 I really like how it turned out.
Fall ATCs:
 The only idea I really had for these was the pumpkin spice everything.
Monday: I knew I had my International Blessing box subscription coming, mail was delivered really late and I hated the anticipation of waiting for it.
 It's a subscription box that promotes fair trade. We have a store here that does that, so I thought it'd be about like going to the store and spending $30 a month.
What was inside:
 paper bead bracelet and necklace.
Not sure how much I'll use these as I don't really wear jewelry. Thought about giving the necklace to a friend, though I'm not sure.
 lip balm
This is really strong smelling, but I'll probably end up using it. I always need lip balm.
 earrings.
I like these, I don't have any black and white earrings, so I'll probably use them.
I was kinda hoping there'd be more decorative stuff, but I signed up for 6 months, so we'll see how it goes.
About 20 minutes later the rest of my mail was delivered. I'm not sure why they were delivered separately, that box wasn't that big, though they nicely just threw it on the front porch right where you'd walk if you were coming up the steps and not paying attention. I'm not sure why some mail carriers keep doing that, you can slide it behind the lip of the front porch so the whole world doesn't see we have mail, or this box would have fit in the mailbox.
Destash:
 I'm not really impressed with this one. There's a couple cards I'll use, but that's it.
SMS Unique:
 They were supposed to send something new. I'm a little bothered that I reported it to the moderator and she didn't do anything about it either.
Surprise:
 Random cards you bought at the store? It was a surprise, but not a good one. I've only got one really good thing for the surprise tag and even though I love sending this one out, I don't think I'm gonna do it anymore.
Tuesday: Woke up early due to rain. Put together some things to mail out.
Flat Crafty mail:
 We had to send 15 pieces of flat crafty items. The first time I got this together, I had them mostly new and it was a parcel. After seeing a few things people had sent out, I downsized and it got sent as a large envelope.
Happy Mail:
 Totally used some of those handmade envelopes from the destash tag.
Dollar Store:
 I always have a hard time with this one, I'm not sure why, I also seem to be getting not great things back, so I shouldn't do it anymore.
Scavenger Hunt:
 Triangular: makeup wedges (from the last incoming scavenger hunt), Hard: pineapple piece (from a secret sister), Miniature: tiny ice cream charms (bought those), Funny: magnet joke book (from another scavenger hunt), and Flavored: lip balm (bought this, too).
Sea themed flip book:
 I had a hard time with this one too, also not sure why.
Junk Journal clusters:
 Not entirely sure why I signed up for this one because I don't do junk journals, I do mail journals, which is where they will end up. Also, had a hard time figuring out what to create.
Wednesday: Got caught in a downpour on my way to work. My hoodie, bag and sandals were soaked as was the bottom of my dress. I'm glad I have shoes at work and the rest of me dried while I was working, the other things not so much, but they dried at home.
Mail was even later on Wednesday, got it about 6pm, found a wish of sticker flakes:
 Some of these I wouldn't consider sticker flakes, just stickers, but I still like them.
Thursday: I went to Goodwill as a last place to find a Harry Potter book, I didn't find one. I found a few other things, though:
 horror movies: Black Xmas, Cabin Fever, Hostel, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ($2.49 each), stickers (59 cents and 79 cents respectively, not sure why they were different prices, they look about the same), Halloween stickers (79 cents), stuffed owl ($1.09) and a Halloween bow (79 cents).
Apparently I was in a horror movie mood. I really liked the stickers and the owl, and I totally picked up the bow solely for the cameo in the middle of it. My total was a little over $14, but I rounded up to $15 for their cause, figured I can afford it, why not?
The mail actually arrived at a decent time. Crafty flat items:
 Not entirely sure how I feel about these, there's a lot of felt and vintage book pages that I'm not going to use. I like the fabric and die cuts.
Minion tag:
You can never go wrong with minions. I wish she hadn't waited so long to mail them.

No comments: