Sunday, May 19, 2019

Squishy minion

Wednesday: I got this shirt in the mail:
 I bought it to wear on my birthday, which is not something I usually do. I don't tell the world things about me, but I thought I'd do it this year. I think it's pretty cool, though it's a tad crooked.
Thursday: My friend and I went to a sale to support a Humane Society, we ended up having another person with us and we went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. It was fun, I just didn't find a ton of things that peaked my interest:
some flower appliques, wall hanging, minion stress ball, Oscar the Grouch window thing, money receipts, coloring postcards, Lucy, two tiny animals, Genie, and two McDonald's toys.
That whole bunch was $2. I hadn't even unpacked my bag and the ladies at the pay table told me $2. I figure any day I find a minion is a good day. I picked up the McDonald's toys because I had them as a kid, they transform into robots.
Found a This and That swap when I got home:
I'm a bit disappointed in it. We were supposed to send 7 different packages of items. I like the tiny box of gems and pom poms. This was wicked late. It was supposed to be mailed on the last day of April, apparently my partner was on vacation and asked her husband to mail it. And of course he didn't. I feel you shouldn't sign up for a swap if you can't mail on time, mail it before you go on vacation. I kinda think she wanted to get mine first and then mail out. After she got back from vacation she was going to mail it on the 9th and then ended up mailing it on the 13th. I usually like these destash swaps, but this one was disappointing. I'll probably pass it all on to someone else.
Friday: I had planned to get up and go to a sale, but it was raining when I got up, so I read some books. I had a hard time getting excited for work. I wish I knew why. I think part of it was that every other day this week I had off. I found some mail on my way to work.
Fab Five swap:
 I'm tired of people sending me facemasks. I always pass them on to other people. I think the cat paperclips are cute as are the stickers.
Work was normal, nothing that exciting happened.
Saturday: I had again planned to go to a sale and it was raining again, rain is in the forecast for the next few days. It did clear up before the morning was over, I just didn't feel like getting dressed.
Had some interesting mail.
Pineapple tag and a wish:
 I like that they went outside the box for the pineapple tag. I'm not sure I'll use it, but I like the creativity that went into it.
wish for something minion:
 I like these notepads. I had at one time said no more stickers, but I've decided anything minion makes me happy.
Favorites swap:
 There will be 2 more packages coming. I had said I liked care bears, and I like it, but I already have about 4 or 5 water bottles that I don't use.
Sunday: one of my cousin's kids was having their graduation party, but I really just didn't want to go. So, I stayed home, did laundry and got some things ready to mail.
Thrift store tag:
 Mermaid tag:
 Surprise tag:
 My person likes sloths.
wish:
 She wanted sticker sheets.
Wish of cactus:
 I know it's a bit boring, but I'll be spending too much money on postage as it is.
wish:
 She wanted sticker destash.
Why make a tag:
 basically we look at our partner's favorites and go from there. She said she liked humor.
Die cuts:
 we were supposed to send 10 or 20 die cuts.
Favorites:
My person likes unicorns, gel pens, coloring books, Ariel, anything from the Lord of the Rings and snacks.
I raided all my unicorn stuff, found a few packs of gel pens, some Ariel stuff and some Fritos.

No comments: