Saturday, April 13, 2019

Unicorn bags

Monday: I used the wheelbarrow die cut to make the below card:
 Love how it turned out.
Put together a wish, of anything Maggie Holmes:
 Tuesday: Put together a spring happy mail tag:
 I had the hardest time with this one, I'm not sure why.
A Cherish an Antique tag:
 A fruit tag:
 Tuesday night, I went to hang up a poster on our bulletin board and saw this flyer: 
 I love this, it's a great, cheap way to try some interesting and different foods, and Ames doesn't have a lot of interesting foods. I talked to all my friends, and it seems I'll be going alone. They're all busy, or just don't wish to deal with people, which I get, but I like trying new things. I went by myself a few years ago, it's still fun, I just feel it would be more fun to do with friends.
I received a RAK in the mail:
 I didn't appreciate the "story" but the rest was cute.
And another RAK, this person was cleaning out their crafting supplies, and figured they'd share.
 I love the color and think they will be fun to work with. I did not however enjoy the religious items that were in it. Those went in the trash.
And a Grant a wish: unicorn tag:
 These are ziploc bags, sorta.
Wednesday: Chose not to mail 4 or 5 of my envelopes because they were barely thicker than 1/4" which would make them parcels. I took them home, opened and repackaged them.
Found these cute flowers in the yard when I got home:
 I have no idea what they are.
Had to repackage my floral washi swaps (took out the fabric floral washi), the wish granted of anything Maggie Holmes (ended up sending half the sticker sheet), and a wish granted of anything owls.
 Finished up a secret sister package:
 She said she liked flamingos and unicorns and washi and magnets.
Thursday: went to a volunteer luncheon at the library. Really wanted to just stay home, but I had to go back to the post office anyway. It was cold out, we were in a wind advisory from 1pm Wednesday until 7pm Thursday, I was not happy to have pulled out might light winter coat for the rest of the week.
Found a vintage library card pocket swap in my mailbox when I got home:
 Again, with the religious one. Apparently people no longer ask about sending religious stuff.
Put together a rabbit swap:
 And watched TV for the rest of the day.
Friday: Worked on some books and movies I had checked out. Had a wish granted of tea:
 And some uplifting mail:
 Love this part of the card:
 I agree, you do have to smile at a pink monkey.
Also liked this:
 except for the god part.
Saturday: really wanted to go shopping at Hobby Lobby in the morning, talked myself out of it, but I might go on Monday, cause I'm back wanting to go. Work was somewhat slow, until our last hour. Found a 50 loose stickers tag when I got home:
 Though the little character ones are acetate and not actually stickers. The envelope was barely held together. It looked like there was something bulky in it and it got stuck in the sorting machine, but I never receive the 'we care' bags, I just received falling apart mail.
A wish granted of tea:
There was a time when I wasn't going to wish for tea anymore, but I've found I get some of the most interesting stuff and the stuff I don't want to try I can either send to someone else or give to coworkers. I've also learned that I can't get this variety at a store anywhere, so I'm just gonna keep wishing. I've gotten used to starting my day with a cup of tea, I used to just do it when I opened at work, but I like starting my days with tea. I feel it gets me started on drinking water sooner.

No comments: