Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Happy new year

Thursday: after my shopping excursion, I found some happy mail waiting for me.
Winter happy mail:
 I've already used the felt mittens and one of the bags. I attempted to use the temporary tattoos on something, but of course it didn't work. I love the penguin gems.
Friday: I closed at the library I actually had to work a 6 hour shift because of the weird week. I was thinking after I got home that Fridays wear me out and then I realized it's because the other days I work (M, T, W), I sit a lot. Fridays and any weekends I work I walk around the library a lot more. I feel a 5 hour shift of standing/walking around should not wear me out.
My dad had commented at Thanksgiving that he wanted some cookie butter, so I picked some up for him at Trader Joe's on the 13th when I had my fun day with my aunt. When I was at Hyvee on the 23rd, I found some there for like $6, when I was in Fareway on Friday I found this:
 I didn't realize it was so popular everywhere. Now, the one above and the one at HyVee is a different brand than the Trader Joe's one, but it's nice to know I can buy it locally if I want to. I've never actually tried it, so I won't need to buy it.
Found some mail when I got home.
Wish for cute pens:
 These are colored pens, not what I would consider cute. I was thinking ones decorated with unicorns or have neat caps or something like that.
Keychain tag:
 This came from Australia, and she included the cute magnet as an extra. Love it.
Saturday: I had no plans. I was going to go to a coffee meetup, but then when I realized it was the first day I had all to me since the 15th, I decided to just be lazy at home.
I made a snowflake pocket letter:
 I put together a few tags.
Wish for pens:
 Surprise tag:
 And received some mail.
wish of cute pens and something chocolate and surprise tag.
 Again with the not cute pens. Also, I guess I should stop asking for chocolate, last time someone sent me a big Hershey's kiss, this time I asked for not Hershey's and I get hot chocolate, which is chocolate, but not what I wanted. The surprise tag is the lip balm at the bottom, it's very fragrant.
Send me something unique:
 I originally thought these were for the magnet tag, as they are magnets. But, then I did some investigating and figured it was the SMS unique tag. I love them.
I also finished a Christmas explosion box that I started shortly before Christmas:
 Sunday: I did laundry early and got it done before I had to go to work. The library was weirdly quiet and annoying chilly. Apparently the boilers decided to stop working Friday afternoon for some strange reason. It actually wasn't too bad, I dressed a little warmer than usual because I was cold on Friday (though I didn't know about the heat issue until I went in on Sunday). Other departments were much colder because we have a lot of windows in the new building. We got an email suggesting to dress warmly for Monday as well.
Monday: I wore the penguin sweater I had gotten on the 27th. I felt very furry, but I had a few people tell me they thought it was nice. These were random patrons that I didn't know, so figured it was actually pretty cute.
Found some mail when I got home
wish:
 it said wish for something fun, but it was supposed to be for something else, these are fun, too.
destash:
 Not usually what I get for destash, but I like the cactus stickers.
wish for tea:
these smell amazing and I'm excited to try them.
I finished my last book for 2018: Heartland about a lady growing up poor in Kansas. It was good, it was just really dry. It took me like 4 days to read it and it was less than 300 pages. I could tell the difference today when I started another book and got through 200 pages pretty quickly. My plans for the evening were not exciting: Swanson fried chicken dinner with sparkling apple pear juice. I did stay up barely to midnight and went to bed.
Tuesday: I woke up to a text from my mother saying Happy New Year. My phone is on do not disturb until 9AM because people bother me too early, I should just start putting it on silent when I want to sleep in. Her text came in at 9:09, I was still asleep, but couldn't go back after that so got up.
Totally slacked off today. I knew it was January 1st, but totally forgot I had to pay my rent until about 5, I was not the only one who forgot about it.
So, in theory, I'm at the bookstore next week. I say in theory, because I haven't heard back from them, yet. Which is really annoying, they said we had to send them our schedule by December 10th and I haven't heard anything since then. I ran into someone else at the library on Sunday that works there, too, and she hasn't heard anything either. They're running very late this year. Supposedly I signed up for training next Tuesday. I actually had to revise my schedule today, because I forgot I had switched a Jan Sunday for Dec 30 to help a co worker out. That makes it so I work a Friday I thought I had off. I felt kinda bad, and then not so much, because they hadn't gotten back to me with a schedule yet. I feel you can't ask someone to give you their schedule so far out and then not get back to them for three weeks and expect nothing to change. I'm hoping to see an email tomorrow, but I guess we'll see.

No comments: