Saturday, September 16, 2017

garage sales

I went to four sales today, didn't spend near as much money, or get as much stuff, but I got some good stuff. I got a late start because I really didn't want to get up, but going garage saleing and walking really helps my mood, so I made myself do it.
My first sale I only bought some juice and cookies, but I love supporting little kid's stands at sales, plus I walk to everything, I'm always gonna want something to drink.
No picture of the juice, I'm not even exactly sure what it was, I think it was Hawaiian punch, I spent $2 here.
 The second sale was going on yesterday when I was out, but I didn't feel like walking over there, especially since I was supposed to work at 1. I found one thing:
 It's Doc from Snow White, I can't pass up toys from my childhood. That being said, if it was any of the other dwarves, I probably would. It's kinda like Brainy Smurf, I just love Doc. I spent 75 cents on him.
The third sale, I wasn't going to stop at because all the pictures looked like gardening or tool stuff, but there was a line about glassware and since it was between the second sale and home I figured why not.
I picked up Pixels because it introduced me to Q*bert, and I love him. The owl is a vase, the Campbell's Kids cup I picked up for my aunt. I spent $2 here. I bought two breakable things but the people putting on the sale didn't offer to wrap or put them in a bag for me. I had to nestle Doc in between them.
The last sale I did not find anything to buy at.
I was thinking the other day (I think I said this in a post) I have too much stuff, but that's not gonna stop me from buying more. I was hoping to kinda impose a spending freeze on myself, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Of course there's no way I would have gotten all the stuff last weekend and yesterday for the prices I paid in a store brand new, but when I was adding all the shopping trips of things I didn't need between August 31 and September 15th (cause I was figuring out pay stuff), it was a chunk of money that would have been great to still have. But I know once I get a Hobby Lobby gift card in the mail, I will be going there as well as Target, Walmart and Dollar Tree. I will not stop going to garage sales and it's almost time for church fairs, which I will be going to.

No comments: