Saturday, January 27, 2018

Hobby Lobby Clearance

So, everyone's been doing hauls on YouTube and Facebook showing what they've picked up at Hobby Lobby's 75% off clearance event. Apparently they are making room for new stuff and a bunch of stuff in the paper crafting section is marked down 75% off. Here's what I picked up:
 They had their His & Hers wedding stuff 50% off, so I picked up some hearts to use in a Valentine's Day project.
A lot of the stickers were priced $1, originally $3.99. I've been doing a lot of birthday explosion boxes lately, so I picked up some birthday stickers. The first set is more of a Valentine's sticker pack. I picked up some cactus paperclips. I picked up the pineapple and unicorn acrylic pieces, not sure what I'll do with those, but they were cute. The trees I wanted, but Jolee's stickers are so expensive and don't go on sale much, so I picked up a few of those. I love the shaker tags. I like coffee themed stuff even though I don't like coffee. That sticker sheet with the typewriter, someone gave me and I have been hoarding it. The pinwheels I thought I'd use for 4th of July. I love the flowers in jar stickers.
 Again with the coffee related stuff. I liked the charms with the envelopes. I also couldn't pass up the tiny cards, thought they'd work on a pocket letter. I saw someone else pick up these tags and the Tim Holtz washi, can you believe it was $10 originally?
 More Jolee's stickers, I picked up the "homegrown" paper pack mostly for the jar ephemera. I really liked the 12 days of Christmas stickers and the watercolor butterflies. You can see a sheet of Valentine stickers. I picked up the Carpe Diem packs for the cute stickers, I plan to cut the ladies out of the folder pockets.
A couple more Valentine's items and some flowers.
 Mostly what I pick up when I go to Hobby Lobby is stickers, a lot of the people's hauls I saw they were so excited to get dies on sale. I may have spent less because I don't use dies. The highest single priced item I picked up was $4.00, and it was originally priced $16. I admit, I didn't look at regular prices, I just walked up and down the aisles looking for that yellow clearance sticker and looked at the price on that. I had more stuff, but stopped and pondered if I'd actually use them, or if I was just picking stuff up because I saw other people getting it.
I went to a couple other stores in the strip mall that Hobby Lobby is in. I stopped at the Salvation Army and was ready to pay, but no one was at the register, so I put all my stuff back and left. Last stop was JoAnn's and I just don't know why I visit them. Mine has drastically reduced their papercrafting section to focus on fabric again. I'm wondering if it's because there's no other fabric store here and they're almost right next to Hobby Lobby. Anywho, I was hoping their Valentine's Day stuff was marked down, but it wasn't, they barely had anything out. There were a couple things I was interested in, but they were priced at $3, when I could get about the same thing at the Target dollar spot for a buck. I found a couple things:
woodland creatures bags, and a banner kit. I've been on the hunt for the woodland creatures washi, but I didn't find any.
I've started saving my $1 bills and my change for garage sale season. I know I spent more money on purchases last year because of YouTube and people's hauls on Facebook. Though lately, I haven't felt bad about my purchases, even though they haven't been that cheap lately. I had put in an order on Amazon on the 13th and it still hadn't shipped by yesterday, so I cancelled it. It was a book, a calendar and some duck tape, it shouldn't take almost a month to get here. I've also decided I'm done ordering from Amazon. I'm also done shopping on Hollar, but I will continue to buy the Peachy Cheap grab bags, I haven't used much from them, but I love the excitement of getting them.

No comments: