Friday, May 21, 2021

Lots of pockets

May 16: I read a book, Talking to Strangers by Malcom Gladwell, it was pretty good. One of the bookclubs at work read it a few months ago. It's about misconceptions we have when we talk to strangers. I liked it. Got my laundry done.
May 17: the mail was really late and didn't show up until after I went to work. Work was slow, I got Interlibray Loans contacted and a lot of paperwork taken care of. And went right back to renewal emails. People's accounts expire every 2 years, we pushed back expiration dates last year because of Covid, they (mostly) all came up to expire on 6/1/21, emails go out 3 weeks before the expiration date. Last week, we had well over 2000 emails to reply to, sometimes it's as easy as just renewing the account (the person confirms their information is correct and we renew it), a lot of the time, we have to verify information as a conversation in emails, and it's not quick. I think we got it under 1400 this week.
Another Etsy order:
Kawaii sprinkled donuts, cat flatback donuts, unicorn cotton candy donuts, Kawaii pink milkshakes, rainbow octopuses and a mixed resin pieces bag. I love most of them. The sprinkled donuts at the top have some random white splodges in the back and one of the unicorn donuts isn't completely painted. It's the first mixed bag I've gotten that didn't have the cute avocado in it (out of the many stores I've shopped from).
A unicorn tag:

memo sheets, washi samples, stickers and sticky notes. Lots of variety.
A wish for happy mail:
A way overdue wish. I had posted on the group that it hadn't been sent and then about 6 weeks after, the person saw the post (even though they were tagged) and complained that I didn't tell them, they were tagged in the proof of postage post as well, just never responded.
A Peachy Cheap order:
It was for a grab bag, I signed up for Peachy Cheap's emails just for the grab bags. I was reminded however, that the bigger grab bags are much better than the smaller ones. There's still stuff I'll use, just not as much, I'll be passing a lot on to other people.
And a loaded destash envelope:
This was my last swap from the group I'm taking a break from, this was also mailed late. I love it, I'm just tired of the lateness, and nothing being done about it. I love how she decorated it with macaroons and envelopes.
We were to send 15 stickers:
3 handmade embellishments, something shiny, 3 pieces of lace/ribbon, 3 altered paperclips:
at least 6 pieces of 2.5"x3.5" paper:
a rosette or wand and 15 diecuts:
She sent me way more than she needed, I feel like you should do this if you're sending late.
I also received 3 pieces of birthday mail. It was a great mail day and I stayed up way too late to look at it all
 May 18: I didn't get much done. I feel Tuesdays are my lazy days. I did get an animal card made:
I had started with a stamped image, but apparently my stamp pad is too gushy, because it smudged (even though it's a dye ink pad). So, I switched to just layering paper, I'm much better at that.
Also, no mail that day.
May 18: I got my errands ran and started a project for work, but blogger rearranged my photos, so you get to see mail first.
A wish for elephants:

While I love everything in the package, it was mailed media mail. This is not media mail. It's getting annoying how people in my groups mail on the least amount of postage they can and hope it will make it to me. I've gotten plenty of parcels mailed on one stamp and people angry that I won't pay the postage. When the tracking for this one was posted, I knew it wasn't media mail, there was nothing I asked for that would be media mail (which is a book or a movie, nothing else), the person mailing just didn't want to pay full postage.
Extra die cuts for a spring mini pocket letter:
The mini pocket letter:
And the goodies:
Lots of Easter stickers in there.
I also received a sticker bomb pocket letter:
And a water bottle for donated to the Human Rights Campaign:
I put together a favorite color tag of something purple:
And the project I started was to make pockets for people at work:
I only need 75, but just kinda started folding. My thumbs are tired from folding and my fingers hurt from the hot glue. I want to put an encouraging message on them and some tea and a paperclip in them. Figure we all need some encouragement. Thought it would put a smile on people's faces. I've been putting it off, no real reason, and just decided to start it and get things done. I did not know folding and glueing could be so tiring.

No comments: