Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Pigs

April 14: Lots of Interlibrary Loan stuff to do at work, took up a lot of my shift. I was supposed to get mostly veggies at the store, but then things were on sale, so I bought potato skins and cheeseballs as well. I found this gnome waiting for me when I got home:
It came in an Easter egg:
This is considered naked mail, you don't put the item in any mailing packaging. It was really cute to get, unfortunately postal stickers do not come off, so I had to put it all in the trash.
I put together a wish for washi:
A shiny tag and a furry tag:
I ended up sending to the same person for both. No one else wanted to participate in the furry tag, so the same person I'm sending to, is sending back to me.
A wish for coffee happy mail:
A birthday wish:
Another birthday wish:
And another birthday wish:
A wish for tag inserts:
People keep sending these to me, I prefer to use some of the giant stack of notepads I have.
 Someone had posted asking for birthday mail, with their birthday being at the end of June, so I figured I'd start asking for mine (early July), and I also figure, who doesn't love getting something for their birthday, so I'm granting as many wishes for birthday mail as I can. We all know how depressing it is to not open something on your birthday.
My TV started glitching and showing green and white lines and double picture. I thought it was the DVD I was watching until I took it out. I started freaking out and made arrangements with my parents to take the one they recently replace. I googled the issue, tried all the fixes people offered, that didn't fix anything and then popped it on to listen to YouTube and it magically fixed itself.
April 15: Payday. I dreamed about thrifting and going shopping somewhere fun this time. Work was slow, there was one point where it seemed like everyone was just talking because there was nothing to do.
I found my second pocket envelope swap in the mail:
And an elephant tag:
I was not impressed with this tag. They sent more other stuff than elephant stuff. Maybe people shouldn't sign up for things if they don't have things to send for the tags. Sometimes I wonder if some people just send crap expecting to get good stuff back.
I also got a thank you card from my aunt about Easter, also saying how she's really looking forward to the junking event as well.
April 16: I didn't have to work because I was working on the 17th. I woke up too early and couldn't get back to sleep. I finally made my appointment for the 2nd shot. It's so nice to have that out of the way. My mom and I are planning to explore the town and hopefully shop. I'm not sure what will be open, it's a smaller town than here, about 8,000 people (compared to our 60,000+). I looked online and they seem to have some cute thrifting stores on their Main Street, but it's hard to tell with everything going on. I do need to go back to the Dollar Tree for wrapping paper. I scheduled my appointment a little later because it seemed stores didn't open until 10, kinda like here. The forecast keeps changing for that day. Last week it was supposed to have highs in the 50's, now it's dropped to the 40s. 
I really didn't feel like dealing with the day. So, I didn't just watched lots of TV, a couple discs of ER, Unhinged and Drive. I liked Unhinged, lots of senseless violence, but the chick wins in the end.
I put together another birthday wish:

A wish for something snoopy:
I was going to send a Christmas envelope, but with all those birthday mail packages, it's not going to be a cheap mail day, so I went flat instead.
I received a wish for happy mail:
Happy mail used to be so fun from this group, now it's just cheapie stickers and cards.
April 17: Had to open at work, we weren't really that busy, but it felt like more people came in. I made tentative plans with a friend to do something on my day off in May. Headed over to my parents after work to pick up the TV, not sure why I had to go over there. My mom said come through a certain door and get a certain cart to move the TV, and then said no not that cart the other one. The TV is not that heavy, it's a flat screen, not that big, I don't know why she couldn't put it on the cart and in the car, sometimes it's better not to argue. I got the TV in my apartment and she mentioned that I needed to start packing. I do, I don't really have a lot of boxes and I need to go through some of the ones I haven't looked at in 4 years and get rid of some of that stuff. I also don't want to start packing some stuff yet, because I have a lot of decorative stuff, if I pack it up, I'm going to want to fill up the empty spaces. I also have some stuff that's in totes that's going in totes that you can't see. She did refrain from telling me, my apartment is messy, that's a first. Maybe that's why she said I needed to start packing.
I found 5 things in my mailbox. A couple pieces of birthday mail, I have to make sure I don't lose in the next 2+ months. A wish for something gnome, and yellow:
I wish people would stop sending me these tag inserts.
A wish for happy mail:
An envelope from HRC, the Human Rights Campaign, I'm fairly certain I signed up to get some free cards from them, I like their cause though, so I'm sending a donation back.
Later, Amazon delivered a wish for something pig:
It's a notebook, I love it. I'm coming to the end of my journal and will need a new notebook, I was going to pick one up at the Dollar Tree.

No comments: