Friday, April 23, 2021

hair cut and 2nd covid shot

April 18: My hair was driving me nuts, it wouldn't stay out of my face, so I cut it off.
Before:
After:
I basically went in and said I wanted it short, the lady cut it to about my shoulders and I said I wanted shorter. Everyone has said it looks really cute on me. I like it. I like that I can dry it quickly after my shower, I just have to run a comb through it in the morning, that I don't get stuck on it when I sleep, that I don't have to style it a certain way to wear some of my clothes. I keep finding hair ties everywhere and I'm throwing them out. I always just buy the cheap ones at Dollar Tree, so I don't need to keep them for a few months until it's long enough to put in a ponytail. 
I enjoyed that M&M's congratulated me on my haircut:

I put together a wish of tag inserts:
a wish for cute magnets:
And was lazy the rest of the day. I picked up a veggie rice bowl as my celebration treat. It was really good.
April 19: Took a bunch of stuff to the post office and took care of some errands I didn't want to deal with if I had a bad reaction to the 2nd Covid vaccination shot on the 20th.
I received a color swap in the mail:
I'm a little disappointed in the child's stuff.
the rest of it:
And there's a lot of paper.
A hello card:
Very cute. I'm not good at making cards, I'm always amazed at what people make.
I received a shiny tag:
I was not pleased with the prayer card. That went right in the trash.
Also a SMS cuddly:
I wouldn't think of a a snail as cuddly, but this is so CUTE!!!
I put together a wish for happy mail stickers:
I have a stamp I usually put on the back of my outgoing envelopes, I had decided I wanted to start putting stickers instead (not sure why I already put other stickers on the envelopes) and then decided I didn't want the stickers, I'm now sending them out to people to grant wishes.
I put together a birthday wish:
Probably the last time I do a birthday parcel. It seems like everyone sending to me is just sending cards. I get it, I'm just tired of overgiving and not getting much in return. I can't afford to keep sending parcels and getting envelopes in return.
My hello card:
I'm kinda good at layering, so I usually start there and add stickers.
I made some bunny paperclips:
And a penpal swap:
One of the requirements was to package everything cute, I had gotten a 'folder' in the mail awhile back and recreated it for this swap.
The actual swap:
We had to send a pen pal letter, a washi sample, an altered paperclip, a handmade embellishment and a decorated tag.
April 20: I had my 2nd Covid vaccination appointment. This time mom and I were going to shop the town, so I scheduled it a bit later. We still got there wicked early, I think my mom thought it would take longer than it did (not sure why), and I got done before my scheduled time, meaning we were way too early for the shops, so we killed time at Dollar Tree:
I needed wrapping paper for a swap, I couldn't pass up the list pads, picked up tape, a Snickers caramel brownie, cactus paper tape, cactus stickers and some foam tape.
And it was still too early, so we went to Dollar General:
I found a bunch of cute bag tags, some big Reese's cups with pretzels, some owl stickers and washi. 
And then it was time for stores to open. Mom isn't really a go into kinda weird stores. She was done with Dollar General right when it hit 10AM, which is when the other stores opened. There was a a couple stores that kinda looked like Oriental Trading company stores and a Mexican restaurant and store, I would have loved to check that out. We did go to a clothing store that mom wanted to go to. I'd love to go back with a friend, I'm sure it's more interesting when all the stores are open as well. We did end up going to a local (at home) place for lunch. I had portabella soup and chicken alfredo pizza, it was pretty good. 
I decided to take my mail journal to work and do it during my break, it was really nice and relaxing, I think I'll continue doing that.
I found a wish for happy mail:
Maybe? I don't know, there wasn't a note. I especially like the Kirby sticker, but was not amused with the Pokemon stickers.
A wish for something yellow:
cute, but not actually yellow.
And a wish for tea:
These look great.
A furry tag:
I don't know what I'll do with this strange fabric.
A cat happy mail:
Not entirely impressed with this one, mostly because she sent Valentine's in April, and a cat dressed up for winter in April.
I ended up not having any reaction to the covid shot, which is great. It's hard to figure out why some people do and some people don't.
April 21: We had to have our first person trespassed at work since we reopened the stacks. It wasn't surprising as to why we did for this person, they do this same thing all the time, we have a no trespass order for a year and they come back and do it again. I hate that going back to normal means things like this. We got our employee appreciation meals that day, I had ordered a veggie croissant. None of the choices were very interesting, this one was just sad. I wouldn't even pay for it in a restaurant (probably more of a diner), at least it was a free meal.
I put together a wish for something butterfly:
planner stickers:
Something Harry Potter:
summer stickers:
SMS cuddly:
something book themed:
encouraging stickers:
a birthday card:
and happy mail stickers:
April 22: OK day at work. I feel everyday we still have to ask people to wear their masks. Stopped at the grocery store on my way home and picked up some veggies.
Found a RAK:
I'll use them, but I'm getting annoyed people have stopped sending notes for what groups things are for.
A happy mail:
I like the mermaid theme.
A wish for something purple and pig:
Those pigs are wicked cute.
I put together a secret swap:
And made a card:
Again with the layering.
April 23: Another tiring day of people. I'm tired of telling people to be adults. I had plans to go to a few garage sales after work. The day turned out to be colder than I expected, but garage sales. 
I took a bus up to Walmart, because I needed a notebook for a swap:
I totally forgot to pick one up at Dollar Tree on Tuesday, which turned out to be good because they are only 88 cents at Walmart, I was hungry so picked up a bunch of snacks in the checkout line.
The first sale was pretty much right next door to the Walmart. It's usually a huge sale, I was underwhelmed this year. I spent 12 cents on a tiny Pikmi puff:
I had 3 other sales on my list and was prepared to walk home by way of the sales. They were not exciting. I picked up the elephant figurine at the last one for a buck. I was hoping the first sales of the season would be better. Oh well, I'm excited to see them this year.
I found a bunch of mail when I got home. First, one of my Etsy purchases. I went on an Etsy shopping spree on Sunday, the 18th.
Some clay slices and cabochons. The first bag is a mix with Totoro clay slices in it, a bag of avocado slices, a bag of envelope slices, a clown cabochon and a chocolate bar cabochon.
I also picked up a mix of cabochons:
I think this is the first mix I've loved almost everything. They included a code for a discount on my next purchase, I want to buy a bigger mix of cabochons, except I never seem to use them.
Dog happy mail:
Not excited about the Dollar Tree stickers, the rest is cute, except I'm pretty sure we were supposed to send 5 items.
A tassel:
Very cute, love the colors and charms.
SMS pig:
Also cute.
SMS pig/gnome:
I don't use these, I'll just pass them on to someone else.
Happy mail:
I like the handmade postcard.
A unicorn mini pocket letter:
Narwhals are unicorns, but when it says unicorns, we mean the horses.
At least the extras were fun.
And another SMS pig:
very cute.
I ended up walking a bit over 3 miles and spending $1.12. Not so bad for the first day of the season. I'm debating on whether I want to go to one tomorrow, it's not close and there's not much else in that area, but it's all free.

No comments: