Monday, April 08, 2019

Surprises

Thursday: Made a card from a tic tac toe card sketch:
We had to pick three items that created a win and make a card with them. I chose bunny, pink and torn paper:
 I used some mulberry paper that I tore for the the background with a bunny die cut and stamped 'Happy Easter' on some pink paper.
Saturday: I received an Easter pocket letter:
I like how she just used the cute vintagey images.
 A Send Me Something edible:
 Not a big fan of Skittles, but I guess that's the chance you take with these things.
And a Peachy Cheap order.
 I jumped on these stickers from Simple Stories, Bliss collection. I didn't read the description very well, I thought I was getting more than just stickers, I love this collection.
Sunday: I got impatient and opened all my blind bags:
 Sadness is my favorite character from Inside Out, she's a Tsum Tsum squishee. The My Little Ponies are from February, the blue ghost is from a Pacman blind bag, the unicorn is from Hollar, the care bear is a Mash'Em I don't really like these cause they are weirdly squishee, feel rubbery and smell strange, Mickey is a squishee, the tiny animals are Hatchimals and the parrot is a squishee. I was going to do one a day, but I don't know I just felt like opening them all. I need to stop buying them, I told myself on Thursday that I could buy them as long as they were $3 or less, that still adds up.
I put together a few swaps/tags.
Use what you get:
 We had to send a die cut to our partner and they will make a card with that die cut.
Scavenger hunt:
 We had to find something shiny (gem stickers), round (squeesh yum key chain), fluffy (purple keychain), flat (bird artwork), green (squash seeds).
Sticker swap:
 We had to have at least 5 sheets of stickers.
Floral washi:
 We were supposed to have at least 8 samples of washi. I had two partners.
 I gave them a bit of all of my thin washi (I'm not a thin washi person) and filled in with some samples other people had sent me.
a Winner Takes All:
 I said I'd send them two sheets of stickers.
Rainbow:
 I wanted to send a gem rainbow sticker I got in a different rainbow tag, but I couldn't find it, typical. Picked up the rainbow rabbit stickers just for this tag.
Started a fabric Friday tag:
 We're supposed to make something from fabric, I raided my fabric stash, and put together some stuff. I started sewing it and then realized I didn't know where my sharp needles were and then realized I had some from my crafty swap, but then I wasn't interested in going back to it.
Monday: I apparently had a horrible case of the Mondays (to quote Office Space), I was really grumpy until about 10:30, I wish I knew why. Anywho, tried to pick something up for a swap after work, but couldn't find what I wanted. It was so nice out. Found some daffodils in the yard, so I know we've hit spring:

 Received some happy mail, as well.
Pineapple tag:
 I'm a bit perturbed about this one. It's a nice notebook, don't get me wrong, but the person who was to send to me, posted a picture saying she sent it 3/20, I look at the post mark today, says 4/3. I hate that some people post pictures of things before they actually mail them.
Use what you get:
 My plan is to fill it with flowers and make a 'Happy Spring' card.
Winner for the tic tac toe challenge, I showed above:
 I may or may not just join these to get the die cuts. Not a lot of people join them, so I know I'll get a 'winner' pack of die cuts afterwards.
Surprise tag:
 Or I'm assuming that's what it's from, people have a hard time with notes.
Easter tag:
I love what she included. It was from the UK, the surprise tag was from the Netherlands, I can't afford to send overseas, but I love that other people can. Though I feel it's cheaper for them, I've seen posts about how much people spend and they seem to pay less.

No comments: