Thursday, December 13, 2018

Fun Day

Even though I went to the post office on Monday, I didn't have any of my bigger packages ready to mail, so it didn't really save me a lot of money on postage. I was productive in getting my tags put together after work on Tuesday. I was really tired after getting home, but I did them anyway. I knew if I didn't, I wouldn't get them done.
Happy mail:
 Figured I'd stop doing this tag. Most of the time people put this kind of stuff in it (which isn't bad), it's just not stuff I'll used.
Christmas ornament:
 Love this ornament, but thought I'd pass it on to someone else.
Wrapped Christmas gift:
 I don't use stamps, so figured I'd pass them on to someone else.
Wish for seam binding:
 I realize they aren't all seam binding, but thought I'd send them anyway, she also wished for tulle, so I included a roll as well.
SMS wrapped:
 So all of the above, except the happy mail was considered a parcel, so that's why I didn't really save any money. I wasn't going to be saving money, just making it so I spent less on Wednesdays and all at once. I also had a small priority mail box (should have done the cardboard envelope, it's cheaper) and a gift for a friend. It was still over $20.
Taking the early shift, totally threw me off, I kept thinking it was Wednesday, because on Tuesdays I get home take my shower and go to bed.
Wednesday:
 I love my yeti, I now have three which makes a collection, right? I also thought the stickers were cute.
I received a tag, Wacky Wednesday: striped:
 Not sure why you'd send these. I don't know what I'm going to do with them, other then pass them on to someone else. I'm also not doing this tag in the future. I haven't liked any of the wacky Wednesday tags I've gotten. I was having a good day, until the mail came and I got this which was not interesting to me, and then I got a bit bummed. Apparently you can't make me happy.
Thursday: I'm hanging out with my aunt. We're supposed to be talking about games for Christmas, but I'm hoping we can do some shopping somewhere outside of Ames.
My advent calendars:
I think I've resigned myself to not being too impressed with the things in the garland calendar. It's good stuff, but just not stuff I'm really interested in.
Turns out she figured we'd be shopping for prizes for the games so we hit quite a few stores I normally don't get to. We started out going to lunch at Red Robin with her son, my cousin. I'd never been there, but I inhaled my sandwich, it was really good.
Saw these cool Pac Man mosaics on the wall:
She asked me what stores I wanted to visit while down there. I said Tuesday Morning, so we hit one store:
 Bo Bunny ephemera ($2), Domestic Bliss journaling cards ($3), Bliss Chipboard stickers ($2), Ritter Sport with marzipan ($3), Milka white and milk chocolate ($2), mini envelopes ($1), Constanze milk chocolate with pistachio ($3).
Love those chipboard stickers and I was in the mood for chocolate, I totally got the good chocolate today, it should last me through the season. I might share some of it, no promises.
Here's a close-up on what's in the Bo Bunny ephemera:
I picked it up because of the colors and the fairy theme. 
Close-up on what's in the Domestic bliss journaling card set:
 This matches some stickers I got in my peachy cheap grab bag and a couple things I picked up at Hobby Lobby in the past. I love this collection. I found a few paper packs, the ones that have 25 of the same paper, but no actually paper pads of the collection. I don't see the point of having so many of the same sheet of paper, unless I had a specific idea for it. I looked for paper, but after awhile, got tired of looking through them, there was a lot of paper there.
Close-up of the tiny envelopes:
 I love how cute these were.
Next up was TJ Maxx, because it was about right next door:
 notepads ($2), book ($6). I can't pass by cute notepads. I have 3 other of these tiny square books, I have paid full price for them at BAM and the bookstore. I love them.
My aunt said I should try the oreo candy canes, so our next stop was Trader Joe's:
 Green tea frozen mochi ($4), spring rolls ($3), chocolate set ($10), and cookie butter ($4).
Last time I was at Trader Joe's I wanted to buy some frozen mochi, but it was July and we had about an hour drive home. I thought the spring rolls looked good. I thought this Holiday travel passport chocolate was cute and probably pretty good. It has chocolate from 8 different countries around the world, I didn't realize until I got home that it's dark chocolate, and very dark chocolate, those numbers are the %. I'm not a fan of dark chocolate, but I still want to try these out. I might just cut a little off for me and give them to someone else, but everyone I know that I think would like it, I'm already done shopping for. We did not find the candy canes.
Next up was Aldi:
 chocolate ($2), cookies and cream chocolate ($2), chocolate truffles ($4), Aloe drink ($1), cheese bites ($2), bread ($4), mini sewing machine ($11).
I picked up the cheese bites for a friend. It was after 4 at this point and I was getting hungry. I saw someone pick up this tiny sewing machine and said she was going to try it for sewing on paper projects and I thought I'd do the same.
Last stop before going to my aunt's house was Dollar Tree, to pick up some cheap stuff for the games:
 shower curtain, stickers, coloring book, tape and a Mountain Dew.
I was saddened at the selection of stickers at this store. I was actually saddened at the selection of paper things, like the teacher section, the pen section the paper pads. This coloring book is one of those paint with water, basically you spread water over it and something on the page is activated. I remember having these as a kid. I really need more duct tape, but they didn't have any, so I picked up some packing tape. I go back to covering things with washi tape that I don't like and then packing tape on top, when I run out of duct tape.
Then we went to her house and created a couple games. The saran wrap balls, where you wrap a bunch of things in saran wrap to create a ball. Everyone gets an amount of time to unwrap the ball and collect the prizes they unwrap.
On the way home, we stopped at another TJ Maxx for something she wanted to pick up for another game:
 bag ($2), Matcha macaroons ($5), marzipan ($4), gummy candy corn ($2)
After buying the cheese bites, I needed to get a gift bag to put them in.
We were going to go to the Tuesday Morning there because I liked it better than the other store, but apparently they close at 7, which is wicked early. So, we wandered across the street to Michaels (it's been almost a year since I went to one)
 sock advent calendar ($18), squishy keychain ($2), washi ($3), stickers ($2 each about)
I need socks, and I figure this was a pretty good price for 12 pairs, the thing is you can get knee highs, crew or the very low ones. I can't pass these by, I love squishies, they had these really big ones for $5, I didn't feel like spending that much, though. I love these stickers. I was a little saddened at the selection, but I didn't need to spend more money I'd spent over $100 already.
Here's my first pair of socks:
 When I got home I had some altered paper clips in the mail:
 And a Christmas card:
I had a ton of fun today, only I realize I like shopping with my friends. I love wandering the aisles with them. My aunt and I kinda went our separate ways and then met up after checking out. I always call my middle of the month paycheck, my free money because I don't have bills at the middle of the month. I realize it's not, but it's fun to call it that.

1 comment:

Terri D said...

Fun stuff here! How do you find the time?