Friday, December 30, 2016

Last haul of the year

I've been wanting to go to Hobby Lobby since Tuesday, yesterday they sent me an email saying 80% off of Christmas, so I thought I'd check out what they have left. Plus, even though it's after Christmas, I still want to make another Christmas flipbook.
Here's what I picked up:
 robots, pinwheel, sticky notes, foam letters, card file kit, Project Life cards, chickadee ornament, poinsettias
I love robots. I picked up the pinwheel, cause I'm pretty sure the sign said spring 50%, but it still rang up full price (it was only $1). I picked up the sticky notes for a swap. I will never say no to letters, I can still use them. I love the vintage look of this card file kit. I've been wanting these PL cards since I saw them come out, they were marked down to $3.00, so I bought the last two there. I picked up the bird ornament for a friend, I can't decide if I want to give it to her now, or hope I don't lose it before next Christmas. I liked the poinsettias.
Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's are in the same strip, so I thought I'd see what they had left:
 gloves, bag, tags, stickers
I love these gloves, don't know why I loved the yellow this time around. I picked up the bag to put the bird ornament in. You can't go wrong with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, plus I don't have to use them for Christmas. I love these sticker books, most of this one didn't have to be used for Christmas, I'm in a swap to create a winter pocket letter, and these will work for that.
Next up was the Asian food store, I haven't been there in awhile:
I can't tell what most things are in there because it's in Asian, but I usually just go with the pictures. I'm not entirely sure what these are.
Strawberry flavored corn snacks, love these. Strawberry rolls, these are sponge cake with strawberry frosting like filling. Hard candies, I've only tried one and it tasted kinda like grapefruit. Suckers, haven't tried these yet, but the pictures on the package are of strawberry/milk and peach/milk. Bayberry with honey, these looked interesting, sadly they were not good. Green tea mochi, I love mochi, and I love green tea.
Last stop was a local gift shop. I love their stuff. Having all the big stores put their Christmas stuff on wicked sale makes me spoiled, so then when I go to the regular stores I'm a little bummed they're only at 50%, I still found some stuff:
I only got 2 owls for Christmas and they were in a swap, so I picked up a couple more. The felt one was $2.50, the wooden one $2. The star is glass, it's so much more beautiful than the picture lets on, it was $5.25, the pumpkin was in their sale basement, I've been very drawn to fall stuff lately, it was $0.50.

No comments: