Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Chocolate

Hi All, here's what I received for Christmas. My friend gave me a bag full of goodies on Christmas Eve and I couldn't wait until Christmas to open it, so I opened it that day:
 Here's what was inside:
 chocorooms, lychee candy, sandwich cookies, a robot, toy from Zootopia.
The weather has been mild, this is what our Christmas looked like:
 We actually had a rainstorm, complete with thunder and lightning, a big change from regular Iowa weather.
Here's what I got for Christmas:
 My brother got me two mugs, one is of banned books, when you put hot liquid in it, the crossed out titles appear, the other looks like a library check-out card. He also picked up Hunger Games: Mockingjay part II. My parents bought everything else in the picture. Ames is home to Iowa State University, and I have a collection of ISU snowmen. The rectangle on the bottom is actually a print of a paper cutting celebrating Ames' 150th anniversary from a couple years ago.
More presents:
 A couple pairs of black pants, fleece leggings, socks, printer ink, charging station.
Today, I went after Christmas shopping. I haven't been shopping in a month, I was really proud of myself, so a friend and I went to check out the after Christmas sales. I was surprised how picked over everything was. I feel the stores are speeding up the time lines.
Dollar Tree:
 stickers, measuring cup, tape, hooks
I picked up some emoji stickers, some of those vintage looking stickers and some alpha stickers. I misplaced my liquid measuring cup during the move. I saw this duct tape on The Messy Mom's life, it looks like someone was doodling on their notebook paper. My landlord would prefer I use these hooks instead of putting holes in my wall. I found some of the washi tape, my store rarely has it. There were other patterns, too, but I didn't think I'd use them.
Target:
 beef stick, chocolate, gummies
The beef stick was on clearance. Candy is only 30% off at Target, so I didn't save a ton of money, but I didn't get any chocolate for Christmas, so I bought my own, plus I got a few Target gift cards, so I didn't really spend any money.
More Target:
 stickers, sticky notes, stamps, tape, ornaments, toothbrush heads.
My dollar spot had Valentine's out, so I picked up the emoji stickers, the sticky notes, the cactus sticky notes, the alpha stamps, the felt stickers, and the rolls of washi. I love emojis, there were quite a few sets of the sticky notes, but I really liked the SuperHero girls one. I'd also seen someone haul the cactus sticky notes, and you get 100 for $1, so why not. I never seem to have enough alpha stickers so I thought picking up these stamps might help me with that issue, I haven't looked at them so I don't know about the quality of them. I love these felt stickers they are of sweet treats. I saw the holographic tape set, it was $1, and the other one is emojis on red background. I wanted the pizza ornament when it first came out, but didn't feel like paying $3, I got it for 50% off. I also loved the Raphael ornament, he's my favorite Turtle. The most expensive thing I bought today was the replacement toothbrush heads. I also needed razor blades, but they are wicked expensive. Why do these things have to cost so much?
Walmart:
The tape, ornament, chocolate, tags and wreath hanger were on sale. More alphas, Home Alone, packing tape, ornament, chocolate, tags, wreath hanger, coasters.
I already had Home Alone 2, but not the first one. I always need more packing tape. I picked up the ornament and tags for my brother. When I buy after Christmas stuff, I just pack it up with my winter decorations so I don't lose it during the year. The chocolate was 50 cents, plus it was cute. Since my landlord doesn't want me to put holes in my walls, I thought I'd pick up the wreath hanger to hang things on my door. I picked up these coasters for my co-worker.

I really wanted to go to Hobby Lobby, too, but I don't need anything at Hobby Lobby (not that I really needed the other stuff either), but I want to see what's left, I really want to check out the clearance section.

No comments: