Head on over to Joyce's blog to see what other people answered.
1. It's officially summer (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Which summer month is best and why? July, cause it's my birthday month.
2. Can you swim? I can. I love swimming. How did you learn? I believe my parents paid for swimming lessons when I was a kid. June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own? None. I used to have a pair of prescription sunglasses, but when they broke years ago I never replaced them. It's just too expensive.
3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? I don't know. I do berate myself when I do something stupid. How about in others? I also don't know. Maybe not being frugal. I do hate it when I see other people wasting money or things.
4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled The Road Not Taken. What's a road (literal or figurative) you've always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you? I'm not doing very well with these questions. I don't really have any roads I want to go on.
5. Popsicles-yay or nay? Yay! If you answered yay, what's your favorite flavor? I like ones that have chunks of fruit in them, I don't really like the ones that are basically sugar flavored water.
6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what's involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what's Brexit) Is this news you'll follow or is it something you think won't impact your life in any way shape or form? I have no idea what Brexit is, so 10.
7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list. I was actually listening to it this morning while reading the questions. Summertime by Kenny Chesney
The chorus is:
Two barefeet on the dashboard,
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoohoo bottle
On the floorboard
Perfect song on the radio
Sing along cause it's what we know
It's a smile,
It's a kiss,
This was actually one of me and my ex's songs. It came on my MP3 player one day when we were coming home from my family's timeshare at Okoboji. My ex owned a Ford truck at the time. I had my bare feet on the dashboard, my sunglasses were not cheap, I have 3 tattooes, but there was not Yoohoo. It hit the nail on the head, this was in August, we had just started dating that May, and had just decided we were in love on that trip.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Tomorrow, me and my aunt are traveling to a town north of here, I'm kinda calling it a birthday trip because my birthday's on Saturday. I'm not entirely sure what we'll do, but it's always nice to get away, even if it's only for one day.
I've asked people to send me goodies for my birthday, I know one package was mailed on Monday, one was mailed today, and maybe I'll get some surprises. I plan on waiting until Saturday to open them, plus I have a big gift bag of stuff I bought for myself.
I do have to work Saturday afternoon, but I'm planning to bring in treats. I'm also hoping my co-workers will decorate my desk and sing me Happy Birthday after we close. I'm also going out with a friend for supper.
I think it will be a pretty good birthday.