Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Hodgepodge Vol 265

It's Hodgepodge time again. To see what other people answered, check out Joyce's blog.


1. What's something fun you're looking forward to on your May calendar?
Garage sales. I went to a few a couple weeks ago, but May is really when they start up. This weekend I have a couple big ones on my calendar, and someone to go with me, I'm really exited. 

2. What are some images that come to mind when you hear the word mother?
The kitchen, I don't know why because my mother was not one who stayed in the kitchen a lot, but I always think of those TV shows where the mother is in the kitchen. I also think of our garden, my mother spent a lot of time there.

3. What's something beautiful you own or have seen that's made of glass? 
I love stained glass windows. I don't have a lot of glass things. I try to stay away from glass ever since I sliced my hand open a few years ago on a glass glass and had to get stitches.

4. Was today typical? If not what made it unusual? 
It was pretty typical. Except for the number of holds I checked in. I work at a library, when you request something and it comes in for you, it's called a hold. I worked 4 hours at our front desk and I believe I checked in about 7 carts of holds. I can't tell you how much a cart holds, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get more than 20 books on it, but less than 40. And these were books, audio books and movies.

5. What is a quality you wish you could have more of?
Patience. I am not a very patient person. I notice it a lot lately, and I'm trying.

6. What's the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen in the month of May? 
I don't really have one. I do have to move in August, so I'll have to put down a deposit on an apartment, that will be rather large.

7. What responsibility/job/work did you dislike while growing up but has proved helpful to you as an adult?
I don't have an answer.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
I've gotten into this new art craze of pocket letters. Basically you take a 9-sleeve pocket, fill it up with cards you've created and then fill it with goodies and send it to someone. I LOVE doing it.
Here are a few I've created:
This one the theme was flowers
 This one came together around a springish rub-on set I had
This one is a sea/vintage theme
 This one is hearts
 This one is just a spring theme
 And this one is gold:
I can't wait to make more.

2 comments:

katie eggeman said...

What a fun project....I like it. I don't think I could get much work done if I worked in a Library.

Zoanna said...

Very creative card project! Bet that's fun to make. And you're moving? I don't envy you a bit.