It's Hodgepodge time. Check out Joyce's blog to see other people's answers.
1. What does retirement mean to you? Are you planning for it, not thinking about it, looking forward to it, or dreading it?
Retirement is so far in the future (at least I hope it is), that I'm trying not to think about it. A month or so ago, after I got paid and paid all my bills and still had money in the bank, I was so excited. I was telling my parents this, and my mother asked about how I was planning for retirement, I just wanted to enjoy my money for the moment, I don't want to think about retirement, yet.
2. It's International Guitar Month...do you play? Does anyone in your family play? What's a song you especially like to hear played on the guitar or a favorite song featuring the guitar?
I like hearing the guitar, and I have great respect for people who can play the guitar. I really like the beginning of Wild Child by Jimi Hendrix, that's a great guitar riff.
3. What's your comfort food?
I don't know anymore. I would have said fried chicken a few days ago, but the other day when I was particularly depressed I cooked some and it didn't do anything for me. Maybe donuts or ice cream. I love ice cream. I think it's weird that no one's comfort food (or no one I've talked to), is something healthy.
Maybe hamburgers, I love hamburgers.
4. What's one activity or area of your life where you absolutely never procrastinate?
Paying my bills. I like to write the check, or pay the bill right away, otherwise I'm afraid I'll forget about it. I don't always get them mailed right away.
5. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? Does your local store bag the groceries for you or is it a do-it-yourself kind of place? Do you like someone packing your groceries?
I am the only one in my house, so I guess it's me. My grocery store bags my groceries, but sometimes I feel that their goal is how many bags they can give you. I try to bring my own bag, because I live a block away and don't like to carry a lot.
6. What's the coolest thing you've seen in nature?
Water. There is this park, my mom used to take me and my brother to when we were younger, and we used to explore the pathways and the creek that ran through it. One time, we found this beautiful waterway, where the water created a pond, but had a small waterfall flowing into it. It's not really something I can describe, but we had so much fun in it, and I could never find it again.
My zodiac sign is Cancer, and I'm always particularly drawn to water, I love exploring it, and things that grow/live in it. I don't think you can go wrong with water.
7. Share a favorite quote about home.
Sadly, all I can think of is "Home is where the heart is" I don't really know many "home" quotes.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I watched The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 this morning. I love this series. I usually read the books before the next movie comes out, but since this was the third book broken up in 2 parts, I didn't feel the need to read it again. And because I read the books, I knew what was coming, but it still upset me. I'm excited to get it on DVD/Blu-ray.