Monday, September 14, 2015

New position

Like I said in my last post, I got a salaried position at the library.
Tonight was my first shift. I survived (honestly, I didn't think it would be too bad), it's basically what I did before but with a bit more.
Friday, my boss said she had a an awkward conversation to have with me, that made me a little nervous until she started talking. Basically, I need to dress a little dressier for this job. That makes sense to me, it's a step up, I should dress a little better. Probably shouldn't wear my character shirts and jeans all day. She basically said either my top or my bottom should be more dressy. Like if I'm wearing jeans, I should have a nice top, or if I'm wearing a not so nice top, I should have nice bottoms on. I'm guessing there will be no more minion and Kirby shirts, oh well.
I did learn (I already really knew) that I need to hit the other second-hand clothing stores around Ames. We have quite a few and you can get some nice things for cheap prices. I spent way too much money last week after finding out I got the position, so I thought maybe I should wait until I had some actual money to spend.
It feels weird just leaving at the end of the night. I'm so used to clocking out at all my jobs, to just get my stuff and go, is strange.
I like that I will have more of a set schedule that won't change when ISU changes schedules.
I have a meeting with HR this week about benefits, I'm excited about that. I'm trying to figure out what I want and what I qualify if I don't go for the city's prices.
I like that I'm back to interacting with the customers like I used to. I like the chatting with them and learning about their lives, I felt there was more of a disconnect in the Aide position. Basically, you'd help them find things, but that was it.
I'm really happy, excited about this job.

No comments: