Tuesday, September 01, 2015

It's interview time

Yay!!! It's Hodgepodge time, head on over to Joyce's blog to see what other people are saying.
1. What's on your September calendar? Anything fun?
Thursday, I have a job interview, I'm not sure I consider that fun. September 30th is my brother's birthday, but we probably won't be doing anything. My art is in my workplace's breakroom to exhibit it, that will be fun. What I'm really looking forward to is the Octagon Art Festival, it's a big festival that covers 5 or 6 blocks filled with art vendors. It's always fun to look even if I don't buy much.
2. You might be described as a natural born _____________________?
artist? I don't really know. I know I'm good at art
3. September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large? 
I would love for people to just pay attention to others, it seems so many people are just in their own world and don't pay attention to anything else.
4. Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently? 
Maybe Clam Up, like I said above, I have a job interview on Thursday, but I don't want to say much about it, because it's the 4th time I've applied for this job and I don't know what I'm going to do if it falls through.
5. What's your movie theatre snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? How many thumbs up would you give it?
I don't go to movie theaters, generally there's too many kids, it's always cold and I just prefer my apartment. And I certainly can't afford the price of a movie and snacks.
6. Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why?
I can see that. Since I got reorganized at my job, I feel like I'm not stretching my mind as much and I get bored, much easier.
7. What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished?
I haven't had one of those in awhile. I am really good at joining art swaps and then waiting until the last minute to get them done.
8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
Like I said, I have an interview Thursday, I'm having a hard time deciding what to wear, what do you guys think?
The first time I applied, I wore the black skirt in the pictures and a nice black top, the next two times I wore black pants, the pink shirt and a suit coat. I thought it was maybe a little too professional looking (if that's possible), so this time I thought I'd go with a skirt.
Here's A, with the same pink shirt and the original black skirt
 B, with a different skirt and a new black top I bought
 And C, with the black skirt and black top
I know you can't see it in the pictures, but there is some nice detailing on the top. I'm also worried the top's cut a little low, but when I layer it with a tank top, you can't really tell. I wanted some color, but I don't have any brightly colored tops, other than the pink skirt. I thought maybe a nice necklace, but apparently I don't have any short pretty ones of those either. Also, sorry the color's off in the last one, my computer was being annoying and I had to re-take it this morning with bad light.

No comments: