Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Alligators and beer

It's Hodgepodge time again.



1. Besides left over Easter goodies, what's something currently kept in a basket at your house?
I don't use baskets for things.

2. 'The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.' ~Michelangelo Buonarroti )
 So which one are you...the one who aims too high, or the one who aims too low? Have you ever seen The Sistine Chapel? Did you know Michelangelo's surname prior to answering this question?
I probably aim too low, I don't push myself. I did know that.

 3. April 7th is National Beer Day. Hmmm...wonder how that's celebrated? Do you like beer? Have a favorite? If you're not a beer drinker do you have any recipes you enjoy cooking that call for beer?
I don't drink beer, or use beer for anything.

4. When did you last travel somewhere new? Tell us where? How'd it go?
My family and I went to Charleston for Christmas. It was fun, but I wouldn't suggest going on vacation during the big holidays, we lost two days to do stuff because places were closed, or closed early. I also didn't understand why we had to hang out with my brother's girlfriend's parents the whole time we were there.
 The pineapple fountain
 The bridge
An alligator

 5. The value of _________________________is greatly overrated.
TV. I take a lot of surveys and they just can't understand that I don't watch TV, people also get bothered when I tell them I don't watch TV. I recently found my rabbit ears the other day, and that surprised a bunch of people too.

 6. What's a pet peeve of yours when it comes to restaurant dining?
This is not specific to restaurant dining, but I hate that people can't put down their phones when we get together. My brother used to always be checking his phone and my mother would complain, now that she's got a smart phone she does the exact same thing. I think if you're going out to dinner or spending time with someone, you shouldn't be checking your phone all the time.

 7. It's Poetry Month...share a favorite poem, either the title, a few lines you find meaningful, or the
whole kit and caboodle.

Push me
Pry me
Pull me
Anyway you please
I want to fly
I want to run
I want to leave
Free me please
 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm craving some really good chocolate and since it's after Easter, I thought I'd go and see if any is on sale at stores. I'm kinda having my doubts as I couldn't get excited for any before Easter, but here's hoping.

No comments: