Wednesday, September 04, 2013
1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?
Dot-to-dot books. I find them so fun. I've discovered the extreme dot-to-dot books that can have well over 1000 dots a couple of jobs ago when I was working at a toy store. They are so fun.
2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.
Art class. I always loved going. I took 2D and 3D, I think 2D was more fun, we got to make paper, do batik and create our own stamps. When we made paper, I made a card with mine and then entered it in the Senior Art Show where it won best in show. I also took it to our county fair and then it went to the state fair. I still consider it one of my best pieces.
3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the U. S. last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize? Your thoughts?
Why not? I've never worked in fast food, thankfully, but I've heard stories. It's not one of the greatest places to work and I think they should have higher pay with all they deal with.
4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey?
I don't eat much honey.
5. If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt on inside-out, or some leftover lunch stuck between their teeth do you say something or do you keep quiet?
If I know them. I have a hard time talking to people I don't know. If it's a co-worker, definitely, we are the face of the library, so we should look good.
6. What movie always makes you cry? Or at least makes you feel like crying?
We Were Soldiers
7. 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' was written in May of 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year. Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.
That is way too much thinking.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm going to a Ladies Expo this month, I asked my friend if she wanted to go and she made fun of the name, like it's going to be bad because it's called Ladies. Sometimes I think people have a hard time trying something new and have to create a reason why they can't. I've seen this with my parents, too. We went on a cruise back in 2010, and we had to option of sitting with people we didn't know for supper, I thought it would be fun, but they never wanted to do it. I'm trying to try new things, it doesn't always work out, especially with food, but I'm trying. I wanted to go to the Ladies Expo last year, but my friends didn't want to go, so I decided not to. The other day I was downtown close to the place that was selling tickets, so I just decided to buy one. I overheard one of the vendors that was going to be there, talking about goodie bags, that made me want to go even more. Of course it's not free, because I had to buy a ticket, but I like goodie bags. At least if I go this year, I won't have to wonder about it in the future, and hey, it might even be fun.
On our way home from Chicago, we stopped off at a Hobby Lobby, but unlike some other stores I feel all Hobby Lobby's have the same stuf...
Since I didn't do Hodgepodge today, and I saw one of my Youtube subscriptions do this, I thought I would too. They are fall questions. ...
Because I don't have enough. Hobby Lobby had Christmas at 50% off last week and since I didn't know if that would continue on this ...
It's Hodgepodge time again. Check out Joyce's blog to see other people's answers. 1. What would you say is the best and wor...