Monday, May 30, 2011

Random stuff

Do you all remember when I got the bracelet in the picture below?
Well, anyways, I had taken to wearing it mostly everyday recently. I've found that dainty little bracelets look good on my wrist, plus they don't get caught on things at work.
Well, I lost it on Sunday. I'm kinda bummed, a bit more than I should be. I got it for a quarter and didn't know what to do with it. The clasp had a tendency to come open because it was old, so I'm guessing that's what happened to it. It was perfect because it was dainty, and pretty much went with everything.
I'm hoping to find a new one sometime this summer, but there's no guarantee.

So, I won't be going to DC next week. It ended up that my aunt decided not to go, and I really don't want to go on another vacation with my parents. I see how irritated my mom gets with my dad, plus she'll be driving to the battlefields, and she gets annoyed about that, and I just don't need it.
I might be going to Okoboji for a few days at the end of the summer, so that will be nice. I have to see if anyone will work for me for 2 of those days, but I think (cross your fingers), they will.

I joined 2 summer swaps recently. One is a BEACH swap, where we have to come up with items that start with the letters in beach. My partner is in Australia, I'm pretty psyched about that. I decided I should say yes I would do the swap with someone outside the US, just for a little change.
The other one is a summer essentials swap. We have to spend $20 on summer essentials, I have a couple things and will hopefully get in touch with my partner to see what she's interested.

My birthday's coming. In a little over a month, July 2nd, I will be 28 (UGH!). I have decided to do a giveaway again, so any comments on this post until July 2nd will count. They will be items from garage saleing, I don't guarantee to remember to mark them, but they'll be cool (I hope).

I hope everyone spent at least a few minutes thinking about how our soldiers, airmen, sailors and Marines have given their all for us. Not just today, but everyday, I do it everyday, so I don't see the need to broadcast it out there on one day.
My parents and I ended up going to our local gardens for the giant bugs exhibit, I will put up pictures tomorrow, they were pretty cool. But no caterpiller, caterpillers are my favorite bugs. I did get a pretty cool picture with a daddy long legs spider.

What did you do today?

No comments: