Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hello all,
I'm not in the best of moods today, if you don't want to read my rant, you can look at the pictures of things I found at a holiday fair this weekend.
One of my morning routines is to get online and go to my email accounts, look at comics, read blogs, and check my facebook page. Today, I went to log into my facebook page and was informed it had been disabled. I went to the disabled FAQ page, read the reasons and I didn't do any of those things, to my knowledge, so I emailed them, and went through the processes to get myself back in. Now I'm waiting.
I know this shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but I keep up with my friends and family on facebook. That's the huge reason, I'd never know what was going on if I didn't have a facebook page.
I also like letting my friends and family know what's going on with me, even if it's very boring.

I went to a church holiday fair this weekend, where they have have bake shop, a "grandma's attic", a "boutique" and a place to eat food at that moment.
I bought some muffins, cookies and bread at the bake shop. I have already eaten the muffins and cookies, I stuck the bread in the freezer for Thanksgiving.
In the Grandma's Attic (basically a garage sale for members of the church), I found these gloves:
They would go up to someone's elbows, I believe. I got them for 50 cents, so I couldn't pass them up. When I got home and looked at them more, I realized I didn't have a place to put them. So, here's an opportunity for my readers:
Answer this question: What would you do with them?
You have until December 16th, that's one month, to answer on this post. I will pick my favorite answer, and send the gloves to you. I might include a few other things I have found at garage sales this year as well.
I picked up these items at the Boutique:
The green shamrock pin was 50 cents, the rose pin was $1.00, and the angel was 50 cents. I figure the shamrock pin I can wear on St. Patty's day, or use in artwork. I thought the rose pin, I could flatten out and use in artwork. The angel has already been wrapped up as a Christmas present for my mother.

Speaking of Christmas, I have wrapped all the presents I've bought so far. That would be 6 items for my mother, 2 for my brother, 1 for my father, and 3 and a box of 9 for my boyfriend. I've decided I need a few small things for my brother and father and something for a friend, but other than that I'm done shopping. I've never been done shopping this early in the year. But, I do have a tendency to buy things throughout the year. One of my mother's things I bought in January. Plus, my mother and boyfriend are easy to shop for, my mother collects Santas, and I can just buy my boyfriend Hot Wheels cars and I'm good.

How far along are you all on Christmas shopping?

These items I picked up in Grandma's attic as well. The bowl is carnival glass, it's got a very subtle sheen to it, was $3.00. The glass has an engraving on it, which of course I couldn't get in a picture, it was 50 cents, and the milk glass toothpick holder was also 50 cents.
I usually try to pick up things that are under $1.00, but I saw the bowl, and thought it was extremely cute, so I had to have it.
I've taken a liking to single glasses lately, and love it when they have engravings on them, so couldn't pass that up either. I recently rearranged my living room with items I picked up this summer at garage sales, I'll get those pictures up this week.
And the milk glass, I have always wanted a piece of milk glass, so just seeing the toothpick holder seemed like a great place to start a collection, especially for that price.

I'm very bummed that sales are winding down, actually I think they're done, there were no garage sales listed for Ames in the paper this past week. I am holding out for the craft fair that happens as city hall each year, sometime in November. Of course I can never remember when, but I find out about it some how.
Enjoy your week everyone, and thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

G'morn ~ You found some lovelies ... the milk glass is wonderful & can be used for so many things ... & those gloves are fab!

Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Beedeebabee said...

What pretty finds! I love that bowl. It was worth the $3 you paid for it, it's just so cute!... You're inspiring...I've only bought one gift so far, and I promised myself that this year I would be done by Thanksgiving. :( I have tons of shopping to do, but I'm still going to try my hardest to finish Thanksgiving weekend...Fingers are crossed! Enjoy the rest of your week! ;) Paulette

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

I think a romantic grouping with the gloves, a pic of a victorian couple dancing, an old postcard or letter and a vase of forget-me-nots or roses. That's what I'd do!
ladyhightower@live.com