Monday, August 02, 2010

My weekend

If you're interested in my garage sale finds this week, you'll have to check out my other blog, since they were all art-related I figured it was better to post them over there.
I was planning to go garage saleing, then come home and go to the Buick car show, then go to Target and Walmart. But we all know what happens to the best laid plans. I had texted Kevin on Thurs saying if he wasn't too tired (ya know from working 12 hour shifts for the past 3 weeks, no day off), we should go garage saleing on Sat for some furniture (since he needs a couch and desk), I figured since it was changing of the lease weekend (August 1st), there would be plenty of furniture, but since I hadn't heard from him by the time I left the house, about 8, I just went along with my other plan.
He calls me at about 8:15, and meets up with me and we bounce around. Both of us were pretty disappointed, after driving all over town (more or less), by 11, we were ready for lunch. We migrated over to the Chinese buffet we hadn't been to in awhile, after that we went south to see if there were more sales, no such luck. He was going to drop me off so he could go home and sleep (for about 5 or so hours), but I said I at least had to give him something I picked up last week. Needless to say, he never made it home. He decided to sleep at my house and then we had a late supper and he went to work. It was a great day.
Sunday, I don't really recall what I did before I went to work, I do know I mowed the lawn and watched TV afterwards.
Today, I planned on getting my charms done and all my other things needing to be mailed, mailed. I got the charms done, and after much deliberation on what to do on them, finally settled on something that turned out very cute if I do say so myself. You'll have to check out my other blog on Wed, as I'll be posting them for the What's On Your Workspace Wednesday. As I was leaving for the post office, I decided I should go ahead and package up Linda's package and take it, as it was ready to go. I wandered down to the post office and spent less than I thought I would for her box, an envelope for an Etsy purchase and the tiny flat rate box with my charms for my charm swap (ok, there were a few other things in there as well). I'm thinking about heading over to HY-Vee after work to pick me up something yummy as I'm annoyed with some things (and people) and feel I should be able to treat myself especially for being the more mature person.
Tomorrow, I plan to go up to the mall and browse the end of the summer sales at Penney's and Younkers, as when I went to put on my shorts Sunday for work, my zipper broke. Hopefully, they'll be some shorts that fit me left, as tomorrow's the last day of the sale. I was not pleased about my shorts.

No comments: