Friday, April 09, 2010

Trouble in Paradise

He didn't call me in-between 7 and 8 on his way to work, he probably just forgot.
But, my mind kept telling me, I'd see his truck show up around 8 and we'd get to hang out tonight. That didn't happen, so I figured, maybe he's sleeping.
I missed a call from him at 8:30, that had to mean he wasn't at work, right? I called him back and he answered, he couldn't be working if he answered, right? No, he was just able to talk for a few minutes.
They said they would be working less, but already working 4 days didn't last a week, now it's 5 days of one thing and 1 day of another, unless he misspoke and it's actually 4 days of one thing and 1 day of another, but I doubt it.
You never can believe anything they say. They said last year after the workers came back (after a 3 month lay-off) that it wouldn't happen this year, well it didn't, they laid them off for 5 months this time.
The things I would love to do to the people that make the decisions. They wonder why they're such in a hole after the workers come back and why they have to work them 7 days a week, 12 hour days when they lay them off for 3+ months in the winter and know they're going to be selling a lot and need the workers there.
He hates what he's doing now, I started hating his job when it meant he had to work nights, and then more when he had to work 6 days a week, and if possible, even more when he had to work 7 days a week.
But they have all this money, so they can treat their workers like crap and they don't give a damn.

So, tonight instead of cuddling with my boyfriend as we would both like to do, I have to settle for a giant frog and The Boss on my stereo.
Of course, The Boss does wonders when you're pissed or sad or whatever. I grew up listening to him, Born in the USA can soothe the most annoying feelings I have, and tonight I need that soothing feeling.

No comments: