Sunday, May 18, 2008

You shoulda said No

Just finished watching most of the Academy of Country Music Awards. It was kinda cool they let the fans vote for Entertainer of the Year, of course the group I voted for (Rascal Flatts) didn't win, but Kenny Chesney did, and I wanna know why the hell he didn't hug Reba when she went to close the show and congratulate him. The camera shows her going to congratulate him, and he bypasses her and goes off with the award holding lady onto back stage. Are we too good to hug Reba?
Also, whatever Carrie Underwood was wearing when she didn her performance made her look very old. I loved Taylor Swift's new song, that was really cute, but could they stop playing her Teardrops on My Guitar song on non-country stations, she's not pop, and it sounds horrible. Stick to what you know and are good at Taylor. Also, loved Miranda Lambert's performance, and Toby Keith's and Montgomery Gentry. Can't say I'm a big fan of Shiftwork, though the performance of Kenny and George was pretty good. And Brooks N Dunn's song Add a Girl (or something like that) with Reba stepping in at the end was pretty good too.
I didn't really pay attention to the awards, didn't really mean not to, I just didn't and since I was going to meet Kevin when he got off work, I couldn't really keep a tally (didn't really seem to care either). So, I guess if you're looking for a list, here you go:

Entertainer of the Year: Kenny Chesney
Top Male Vocalist: Brad Paisley
Top Female Vocalist: Carrie Underwood
Top Vocal Group: Rascal Flatts
Top Duo: Brooks N Dunn
Top New Male Vocalist: Jack Ingram
Top New Female Vocalist: Taylor Swift
Top New Duo or Vocal Group: Lady Antebellum
Album of the Year: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend by Miranda Lambert
Single of the Year: Stay by Sugarland
Song of the Year: Stay by Sugarland
Video of the Year: Online by Brad Paisley

No comments: