Monday, May 12, 2008

I've walked this floor

My parents had their 35th anniversary today, we went out to eat, and as they have figured out, it's the only time they can talk to me about jobs and shit. My mom suggested I look at this Americorps thing (I haven't yet, but I'm guessing it's kinda like the Peace Corps but in America), and how it's only a 10 month commitment, and maybe I should get out of here and get out of my grove. The thing she doesn't know is, that if I ever leave this town, you can bet to hell I'm never coming back. I don't want to be that close to her. I think that's part of the reason I'm still here, it's such a big jump to go out of my comfort zone, everything here I can get to, I know it, and now I don't want to leave my boyfriend behind, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get up and leave with me. He's got two very stable jobs that he's more or less happy about, he wouldn't leave, even to be with me.
Though it was a nice glimmer of hope, my mom actually suggesting I leave my comfort zone. Course like I said, she doesn't know I'd never come back, not even for a 1 day visit.
But like I've said before I could never afford it. I was born here and I'll die here, the sad fate of me.

No comments: